Halo 4 interview with MLG Pro Naded & Want to play Halo 4? Like Texas? You're in luck!

Archangel Tyrael

Brett "Naded" Leonard is one of eight MLG pros who got to try out the new Halo 4 multiplayer at E3 earlier this month (click here to watch Video on Demand footage of the event). I recently caught up with Brett to ask him what the game is like.

How does Halo 4 feel compared to other games in the series? Which does it most feel like?

It feels most like a combination between Halo 2 and Halo 3but also with a little Halo: Reach thrown in. The reason I say that is because the way it played was an updated classic Halofeel, like Halo 2 or Halo 3, and played nothing like Halo: Reach. Although Halo 4 does have armor abilities and sprint (which were new additions to the Halo series from Halo: Reach). Don't worry because they are a lot better designed this time. Halo 4's armor abilities and sprint features excelled over how Halo: Reach's armor abilities and sprint were implemented into the Halo series.

The new armor abilities (Hardlight Shield, Promethean Vision, and Thrust Pack) just were a lot fun to use and you could tell that the armor abilities were designed to play in a far better way overall. Halo 4's sprint is slower and much better balanced because now all players will have the ability instead of it being an armor ability like in Halo: Reach. After playingHalo 4 at E3, I think that it has the potential to be the bestHalo game ever released.

Which do you feel is the better weapon, the BR or the DMR? Where does the Carbine weigh-in?

All three of those weapons were extremely powerful. Keep in mind that any gun could still be changed before the game will be released on November 6th, but I felt the best weapon was the Battle Rifle. The Carbine was also extremely easy to use and shot really fast. A lot of people liked using that gun but I still prefer the Battle Rifle over it. The Battle Rifle shoots similarly to the Halo 3 Battle Rifle except it has better hit registration and I absolutely love it, feels great to shoot. The DMR was, in my opinion, the worst of the three but it can still be deadly especially at long range. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed some guns like the Carbine to shoot slower and make it harder to use.

Talk a little bit more about the new armor abilities. How powerful is Promethean Vision going to be?

Like I mentioned before, the new armor abilities that I saw were Hardlight Shield, Promethean Vision, and Thrust Pack. Everyone was using the Promethean vision at E3 because it is just such an advantage being able to see through walls but in my opinion I don't think it is overpowered.

One of the maps we played named Adrift was designed in a way to make the Promethean Vision less powerful because Promethean Vision can only look through one wall at a time. On Adrift there are many hallways, rooms, and outside areas so it is very hard to see where players are with the Promethean Vision because of the limited one wall areas. It would be wise to use other armor abilities like the Hardlight Shield or the Thrust pack with your team on Adrift.

On a map like Haven, however, the Promethean Vision was so powerful that it could look through nearly every wall/floor on the map. The thing I am most excited about though is how all of the armor abilities are going to be used as a team. It is going to be awesome to see a Hardlight Shield player out front tanking shots for his team while his teammate is behind him with Promethean Vision looking through a wall waiting to poke out at the right moment.

343 Industries did a great job on implementing the new perks system and how loadouts are made because now every player will be very unique in helping their team win.

What was your favorite weapon to use?

My favorite weapons to use had to be any new weapon they added into the game as well as my old favorites the Battle Rifle and the Sniper. The new weapons like the Scattershot, the Rocket Pistol, and the Sticky (Plasma Grenade) Detonator all were really fun to use. I can't wait to see all of the weapons that will be usable once the game launches. All the guns in the game shot so well to the point where I think 343 really perfected it. Every gun had a nice feel to how it shot and was used.

Of the maps you tried, which was your favorite?

I only got to try three maps Haven, Adrift, and Longbow but out of those three, Haven was my favorite because it was easily the most competitive map. Adrift was more of a close quarters camping map and Longbow was more of a big team battle type map.

Are there any old maps you'd like to see remade forHalo 4?

I would love to see Lockout, Warlock, Midship, The Pit, and Sanctuary be remade. All of those maps are classics in theHalo series, Midship is the only one that has had a proper remake so far named Heretic in Halo 3, but the other four maps have not (Blackout in Halo 3 was not a good remake of Lockout).

I would also say Beaver Creek but 343 Industries just made a decent remake of it in the Halo 1 Anniversary Map Pack forHalo: Reach. MLG settings are definitely going to need good maps to play on and it will be one of the factors in how goodHalo 4 can be as a competitive title for the MLG circuit. The forge system will be really updated as well so hopefully MLG could easily make maps if 343 does not supply them with enough competitive 4v4/2v2/1v1/FFA maps.

What are your thoughts about the new Infinity Slayer game mode?

The new gametype Infinity Slayer was very fun and it's awesome to see new gametypes like this one are being put into the Halo series. Having to score and rack up points instead of kills to win and also having the ordnance drop every time you reach a certain amount of points makes for a faster paced game. I do not think it will be a MLG gametype but for normal matchmaking it's great.

What didn't you like about the game?

I had so much fun playing it; there was not really anything I did not like about the game. I always tell everyone that the only thing I didn't like about the game was that I wish there was even more content to see because it is going to be a truly amazing game. The classic Halo feel is what made the Haloseries what it is today and this game definitely has that feel. When Halo 4 comes out it will set the stage for the revival of the Halo community and I for one am definitely going to be leading that charge by example. Halo is going to be back to how it once was and I can not wait until that day: November 6th.

-----

As a pro gamer, Naded is very involved in the Halocommunity. He constantly livestreams games of Halo: Reachon his Twitch account here: http://www.twitch.tv/Naded

He is also known for his fan interaction across various networks. You can follow him on:

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Naded_MLG

VYou - http://www.vyou.com/Naded

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/SVNaded

http://www.examiner....h-mlg-pro-naded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Halo 4 at RTX!

Huge, awesome news everyone: Halo 4 will make its world hands-on gameplay premiere for fans at RTX, this July 7 and 8 at the Austin, TX convention center! Halo 4 marks the return of Master Chief and the beginning of a new saga in the best and biggest game series ever. We're proud to announce that fans will have their first opportunity to play Halo 4 at RTX, and more than likely, destroy several members of the Rooster Teeth cast and crew in a few games. Thanks to everyone at 343 for making this happen!

RTX tickets are still available online until this Friday, June 22, so buy now for the discounted price. Remaining tickets will be available on site.

And even more awesome news, RTX is pleased to announce that YouTube superstar Freddie Wong, aka freddiew, will be our Keynote Speaker! Freddiew blends visual effects, humor and gaming culture to create videos that are unlike any other, making him the perfect fit for keynote speaker at RTX, where gaming meets the Internet.

http://rtxevent.com/...arousel=1&cid=4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.