Xbox performance with Halo 4

JoshB

Hey everyone on the forums. I recently heard 343 industries say that Halo 4 will "push the 360 to its limits". now i have an xbox 360 arcade with a 120gb Hard drive with a HD cable (and all the xbox live updates), since i cannot contact 343i directly. i was hoping this message/forum would get around. would my arcade console be able to play Halo 4 without significant problems? with the time before its release i want to know if i should buy a new xbox for Halo 4 in case my arcade cannot handle it.

(note: my xbox has never had any major problems so far besides these: disk tray sometimes not opening, disks not being read and freezing)

If your xbox has problems reading disks and the tray does not open. Send it in for repair. or get a new xbox.

^ This.

But to answer your question fully, no, you shouldn't have any major issues with the hardware, as long as you've taken good care of your XBox. Since I haven't played the game yet, I don't know how completely it will push the XBox, so I can't give you a definite answer in that regard. The only thing to worry about would be overheating, and since I don't know how hot your current XBox gets playing a game, it's hard to say what Halo 4 could do to it.

Check out these threads here with some helpful tips from The Director: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/7591-tips-to-avoid-the-rrod-and-rdod/page__hl__%2Btips+%2Bavoid+%2Brrod

just like Fzd said it won't have major problems, each xbox upgrades a little bit each one they do so just install the game and be sure every few hours to see if it might overheat cause some games that requires a lot of resources it will heat up your xbox faster, my xbox is pretty corrupted as it is, I'll probally be seeing errors in the future

thanks for all your help guys, ill probably buy a new elite console (because they are pretty cheap and i can keep my hard drive the way it is). and like i said my xbox has never had major problems (such as RRoD), but it probably won't last much longer anyway due to a crap-load of games being played (around 30-40 between me and my brother). Here's hoping the reclaimer trilogy will be incredible!