VOTE for Classic Halo Gametype in Halo 4

Did4ct

Vote for Classic Halo gametype in Halo 4  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Classic Halo gametype in Halo 4?

• Absolutely
    • Yes
    • No

*The goal of this thread is to get a CLASSIC HALO GAMETYPE into Halo 4.

From what has been revealed about Matchmaking, specifically WAR GAMES thus far, THERE IS NOT A GAMETYPE THAT PLAYS LIKE CLASSIC HALO:

- Spartans will have access to Armor Abilities

- Sprint will be available to all players in addition to the Armor Abilities

- Promethean Vision, an Armor Ability, allows you to See Through Walls

- A 'Perks' system will be implemented

- There will be Customizable Loadouts

- Players will be able to Join a Game In Progress (It is not confirmed whether they will have the option or not)

- Weapon Customization will be based on a Credit/Leveling System

- In INFINITY SLAYER, Ordinance Drops will take the form of 'Killstreaks'

- Grenade Indicators will be used by Spartans

I greatly appreciate all of the tremendous work that 343 Industries has poured into Halo 4 to continue to evolve the game, and it may be great, but it seems to have diverged from what has made Halo 'pop' for all these years. In my opinion, what made Halo great was that perfect 'simpleness' in the gameplay, and incredible complexity in the story (they seem to be doing an incredible job with the latter in Halo 4). But the Gameplay in WAR GAMES seems unnecessarily complicated in comparison to the older Halo Games. All of these new complex aspects (some of which are eerily similar to Call of Duty's style of play) are not needed for Dynamic Gameplay. Perhaps this can be communicated by a quote from a Bungie lead artist that speaks to the core of Halo Gameplay:

"Two men enter. The better man leaves. The lesser man is respawning. And that's Halo."

-Luke Smith

In an interview with EUROGAMER, Josh Holmes, Creative Director at 343 Industries stated:

"One of the great things about Halo is we have the ability to support a variety of different play styles and play lists, create

experiences that cater to different player types and community desires."

-Josh Holmes

Surely this means that they will consider adding a CLASSIC HALO Gametype for die-hard fans of Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

343i, CREATE ONE GAMETYPE STRIPPED OF ALL THE NEW ELEMENTS (INCLUDING ARMOR ABILITIES) TO GIVE THOSE 'SPECIAL' PLAYERS THE BELOVED CLASSIC HALO FEEL OF THE PAST WITH THE NEW MAPS AND GUNS OF HALO 4.

(EDIT): I think I need to calm down, nobody take anything that you see in the post above seriously.