Remade Map confirmed to be returning in halo 4

Adam91

Guest Masahiro

Hey! It's me, 9999AWC from youtube! There's NO WAY at ALL that anydboy in my family can do that! So could you make one for me plz? How much? Name your price! Plz! Help me! I'm 13 and I want to show my friends that I REALLY do love daft punk! PLZ MAKE ME HAPPY! If you accept, I'll tell you where I live!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Artemio

What I heard is, the movie was dropped by Universal and Fox, but it's still lokiong for new studio to back the plan; another plan is Microsoft may finance the whole movie all by itself. And Peter Jackson is still going to produce it.... Let's see.Though I'm not very thrilled. You know, most based-on-game movies just sucks.

I was so happy when I saw you had posted this! I love kiwonng what stage you're up to via facebook, but there's nothing like seeing a bunch of stages, uninterrupted on here. Brings me back to when I printed out your whole posts and followed your Guy-Manuel build like a bible when mine was under construction.

Guest Maria

Question. I want to do a helmet from a grahipc novel I love and I was wondering firstly if I email you with problems or questions I have threw out the process would you be willing to reply back?Amazing work, man.

Wow man, this is Awesome! I just want to say a thing if you can put the designs/planes etc. if you can I will be the hapipest man in the world jajajaja. If for anything you cannot say it please.Thanks Marculinuu5

Guest Roger

- Freelance Photographer: Its Photoshoped."Even though the<a href="http://dtvfaoycev.com"> hmelet</a> was a solid piece, I couldn't resist a little photoshop testing."---> Thank you to point that out, I miss that line because the whole thing is so amazing ! ^_^

Guest Mulyo

it and hope I won't have to go into hiding. It is clear and bhigrt without making everything look like a comic book and shows up well in sunlight without having to turn the display way up (which means the battery won't drain quickly).Usability I'm liking the Kindle interface more and more, compared to the iPad or Native android tablets. The Kindle prominently displays apps used most recently and the ones I just installed in a side scrolling Carousel . Other apps are just a few taps away. That's great for me and greater still for my young daughter (see FreeTime, below) since there's no hunting for the things I'm likely to want the most. The iPhone and other Androids I've seen do it the other way around.First use First use was very straightforward. I liked that it knew my name without me having to tell it. First thing it did, after greeting me (by name) was ask for my WiFi password. After that it took a few minutes to download updates. When I clicked on the Apps menu it already had listed every Android app I bought from Amazon. Same goes for videos, music, and books. I realize iPad does something similar. However, having used both, I feel the Kindle is easier.On the business side I can access my email accounts, including those in an Exchange server, with no problems. Attachments, including .PDF files, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets can all be read with no problems.Back to the fun stuff, YouTube, Netflix, and SmugMug videos stream flawlessly. Pandora provides music without a hitch. It connects to Bluetooth devices quickly and easily.The Camera The front facing camera, designed for video conferencing, provides a clear image while the screen provides a vivid image of the person at the other end. We ran some side-by-side tests with our iPad 3 and the Fire always performed better. There is no rear-facing camera for taking snapshots and I figure that's what my iPhone is for.FreeTime One factor that played into our decision to get this for our daughter was the integrated, child friendly features. There is an app called Kindle FreeTime and the ability to restrict what she can access over those pesky Internets, what applications she can use, and also limit how long she can spend playing games and other fun activities while still allowing her to read for as long as she likes. This is so much nicer than handing her my iPad or Samsung tablet and dealing with the frequent frustrations from her stumbling into an application she doesn't understand. OK, these are not so much child friendly as parent friendly but everybody wins in the end.Remember at the start of this I said we originally bought the Fire so my wife can get her iPad back? After using the Fire my wife prefers it and leaves the iPad to our daughter. The only problem is I need to buy a second Kindle Fire because now I want one too.FIRST THING TO BUY after you get your Kindle: . It's a bargain at $0.99 (Free to borrow if you're a Prime member). You can zip through, read descriptions for the mostly free app's, click on the ones that interest you, and have them installed right away.A NICE CASE: A little while ago I got an . Turns out even though it's made for an iPad it fits the 8.9 Fire HD pretty well. (I've added a video showing how Help other customers find the most helpful reviewsa0Was this review helpful to you?a0 | a0

Guest Andreas

, and the new 7 Fire all just using a Wi-Fi connection vs.<a href="http://iafgoxk.com"> clelular</a> connectivity..My website test is to hit the mobile websites of FoxNews, CNN, my personalized Yahoo page, Google, and the Houston Chronicle. The ones that were usually slow on the other devices and were still slow but faster than the other devices (Houston Chronicle and CNN), and for the other sites I couldn't tell a difference in speed at the location closest to my router. When I went to the slowest / worst reception location of my house, the speed did have a noticeable difference in the other devices as this one was slightly faster but for a casual surfer it is not noticeable nor does it hang.Email Setup:Email setup was very easy with the included email app for my main Google account it took about a minute to input my email address and password information and I was good to go: sending and receiving emails was a snap, and when I sent a test message with pictures they displayed crisply. I will tell you I primarily us an existing app called Enhanced Email that I received here on the Amazon app store for free vs. what came as standard with the Fire for daily use, and it was easy to use actually better due to the larger screen size with this version of the Fire. For those of you asking yourself why am I using the Enhanced Email program, the simple answer is like many of you I have more than one email account: you can quickly switch back and forth on the accounts with the tool. The lazy person in me appreciates that as I don't like getting out of the lazy chair once I'm settled in!Game Play:I do play a lot of games, but they aren't the heavy action / interactive games many of the kids play today. For my test, I tried out several rounds of Words with Friends and a Majong derivative. The display was crisp and the tablet was very responsive as it interacted over the WiFi network of my home to the game server.Sound / Music PlaybackDifferent than last year's model and the $159 this year's model, the two speakers are located in the back of the Kindle Fire in two not-noticeable ports. My test of this feature was cranking up Van Halen's Panama to maximum volume (I wanted to see if it could really play the guitar licks), and I would alternate covering one speaker up over the other: you have true stereo sound with no degradation of the sound that makes you think you are about to blow the speaker. However, the sound is not very crisp (the $159 Fire sounds better to me) as the sound is going away from you with the speakers being in the back. With a cover on the Fire to protect it, that can be a problem. It's going to take a little bit of getting used to having the volume controls at the top of the device.Reading Books:Reading a book was enjoyable and easy on the eyes with the larger screen: I appreciate being

Guest Fares

they just couldn't keep up with or match Amazon's dlvreeiy system.Now with this Fire HD, they offer even more advancements. With its X-ray for books, its reading view' that takes away messy images on a site leaving only text, `immersive' reading that lets you play an audio book while reading, whispersync technology, and better optimization of text, other devices can't match. Granted it doesn't compare to digital ink like on the original Kindle for me did the best to mimic actual reading, but as far as tablets goes its better than what is out there. If you are getting a tablet primarily for reading, this is gonna be a good choice.Amazon UniverseI have a love hate relationship with Amazon's Universe of services. I don't like how even though the Kindle HD uses Android, it is somewhat restricted. Also, they don't have as many apps as google or apple. But taking everything else into account, movies, books, music, prime lending library, prime movies, amazon is better. The big drawback is you have to own a kindle to fully enjoy their universe, which means if you own a kindle, you are limited from using other company's universe.Apps and other featuresAll the apps work fine, they start and stop as they should, nothing to criticize or brag about. The touch screen is smooth and responds good, though nothing like iPad hate to say it but iPad thumps everyone on that, their touch and scrolling is very fluid and just feels right. I don't have kids so I can't really comment on the parental controls but from other reviews seems like something to have if you have kids. Can access email and everything fine.DISLIKESWhen it comes to bringing together the right mix of original and developing technology in a tablet, Help other customers find the most helpful reviewsa0Was this review helpful to you?a0 | a0

Guest Bruna

and movies they are cool.. and Brilliant. I was<a href="http://dqotepp.com"> lltite</a> disapponted on the BD as it did not had one of the APP which Samsung is shipping with all its models (It does not come with Yupp TV).. I wish Samsung gets the Crackle app and the listed app to this BD model too..The TV has sensitive eye.. it adjusts the brightness as per the room and lighting that you have.. when .. No need to calibrate.. (and I did not calibrate) any of the default setting .If people are looking for 3D+ BD+ 55inch. TV like me in low cost.. this is it no more looking back.. If someone wants a slim version of the TV with all in one TV, then you need to give a think.So, Its definitely a worthy product to go..

Guest Lovely

"I have always beevlied that women may not make as much as men, because they are not as focused on financial gain." I've wondered if this might be a factor too, though it make me sad to think something so sexist about my male friends. But even if it's true and if it's a virtue, the problem is that it gets used against women, I think. The message (subliminal or explicit) from management in publishing companies is often: 'You should be grateful to have such a stimulating, enjoyable, meaningful job. Lots of people would kill to work with books all day.' The subtext being: 'And if you don't like the pay, we can easily find someone who'd be thrilled to have your job for less.' I do feel lucky to have a job I love, and I'd much rather have a great job and modest salary than a soulless job and buckets of cash. But the problem is that starting editorial salaries, especially for assistants, aren't just modest - they can make eating and paying rent near impossible. People are in it for love - but they still need to eat.Which adds to the problem someone else mentioned - the low pay puts off people, men and women, from lower-income backgrounds. It's much easier to contemplate a few years of impoverishment if you come from a more comfortable background, I think. Even if you never ask your family for help, you're likely to be a bit less wary of risking debt and starvation - you're more likely to assume (possibly delusionally!) that it's a temporary state. I was, anyway - friends who had it tougher than I did growing up are much smarter with money than I am and much less likely to make dumb financial decisions like going into publishing :) Yes, please do get started, Moonrat! Would love to hear your thoughts on this...

Guest Farooq

Ask your female<a href="http://fvexorqhyzl.com"> cloueagles</a> - (1) how often have you left a job to get a higher rate of pay? (2) How often have you directly asked for a raise? (3) If you had a choice between getting a higher rate of pay but having worse relations with your peeers, or the reverse, what would you do?(4) The last time that you achieved recognition or a big success, what did you ask for in return?Then ask your male<a href="http://fvexorqhyzl.com"> cloueagles</a>. Really, ask at least ten of each so that you get a good cross section. Just asking that question will teach you some things.Rule number one of business - you do not get what you deserve, YOU GET WHAT YOU NEGOTIATE.Learn to negotiate. Learn to ask. Ask so that you may ... what?... receive.It is not the responsibility of any real business to achieve "parity" based upon counting dangly bits and taking away from those with danglies to give to those without danglies, or vice versa. It is the job of a business to achieve profit by getting the most productivity for the least cost. It is the job of a manager to guess who he / she has to give the jelly beans to in order to make that happen.Make sure he / she knows that you are a more-jelly-beans-NOW person rather than a go-along-to-get-along person.Ask for what you want, and ask for it at the right time and place and with the congruent belief that you will get what you ask for. Also: keep your resume up to date and on the market; learn what you are worth on the market, and let whoever makes salary decisions know that you know; be willing to abandon your coworkers and go elsewhere if you do not get what you deserve. That willingness will, in large part, ensure that you are treated fairly. Otherwise, your salary is your own fault, whether you own one of those bodies with or without the danglies.

Wait a minute! Before you break out the <a href="http://reqnda.com">torehcs</a> and pitchforks, you ought to actually read the survey. There are couple things to consider. First, the people who responded to the survey can be working for different companies. That means an editor at one publisher (female or male) could be making more or less than an editor at another company. It has nothing to do with gender but rather the salary the publisher offers. Also the number of people surveyed seems to be small enough to skew the numbers. So that in the case of V.P. Finance/Controller the female is listed as making $265,000 to her male counterpart's $101,556. Perhaps that the kind of gender bias you're looking for but I don't believe that such a number would hold true industry-wide. That's not the only place were women are earning significantly more than men in the survey. Other areas include International Rights Director/Manager the female pay is listed as 73,000 to the male's 46,000 or Editor Director/Editor in Chief where the female pay is listed as 90,000 to the male's 83,000. There are of course examples of men making more than women but there could be other factors that lead to the difference in salary that aren't taken into account when showing gender salaries. Kristin also understates the role of women in the publishing industry. They dominate every category in the survey except management (of which they make up 40%). The areas they dominate include Sales/Marketing (69%), Editorial (74%), Operations (69%), and Rights (88%). Those are crazy numbers when you consider management makes up the smallest number of people.

It would be interesting if there was a way to see if male<a href="http://kpcbrbz.com"> atengs</a> made more than female<a href="http://kpcbrbz.com"> atengs</a>. My experience as an assistant and going to editorial drinking bashes, it seems male<a href="http://kpcbrbz.com"> atengs</a> at the very least stand out more, and I've never heard a male agent get labeled as a "*****"; more like "sticks to his guns." I wonder if that effects how negotiations pan out. Would a male agent receive less resistance because it's subconsciously assumed that he's less likely to fold? Would editors think better of a male agent who stood firm than they would of a female agent who did the same? I mean, there's been studies in the workplace that aggressive men make more money and earn more respect than aggressive women. Would be interesting if some subtle surveying could be done among editors.Also, want to point out your use of "women" as an adjective for "agents." I know you didn't mean to, but that sort of usage is problematic in itself. "Men" is hardly ever used as an adjective; I can only think of "man nurse" and "manny." Where I've most often heard "women" used as an adjective is "women doctors" but it's generally used in a way like "black and white television": denoting something different from the norm. Or at least my Language and Sexism course taught me. ^-^ I just generally think that sticking to using woman/women as a noun is best.

Guest Eliades

, "We can be flexible on money."So did I ask for more money?No. I prolbbay could have gotten 10K/yr, more too--but I figured it was worth $10K to me not to have to ask, because I didn't want to.Is that stupid? Yes. Really stupid. I did ask for some ancillary stuff to help me do my job, but I didn't ask for $ and I'm sure I could have gotten it.Do I wish I had an agent to negotiate my day job? YES, a billion times. Am I sure that the man with my basic qualifications (there were about 5 hires this year) got more than me because he asked for it? Yes.There is also some institutional gender bias, but I think part of it is that some women, like me, are just too silly to ask.

I have always <a href="http://qbewexazx.com">beieveld</a> that women may not make as much as men, because they are not as focused on financial gain. Women are not as defined by monetary success as men, and don't appear to feel the same drive to make money. Don't misunderstand - money is definitely important to women too, it just does not define who they are. Men seem to allow money to define them more often.I had the opportunity to attend a top law school, but declined because personal success is more important to me than professional success. I would rather work in a job with meaning, than take a job with higher pay. Just my two cents worth.Please visit my blog and offer some much needed advice - meganrebekah.com

Guest Ionel

, "I've wondered if this might be a <a href="http://laiahtbhuwt.com">facotr</a> too, though it make me sad to think something so sexist about my male friends."I'm rolling on the floor laughing.Awesome illustration of the point. If significant numbers of women actually see a strong focus on financial success as a negative personality <a href="http://laiahtbhuwt.com">facotr</a> -- a NEGATIVE about men!!!! -- rather than a positive and healthy interest in providing for one's self and family, then how can that help but have a depressive effect on the average female salary?The good thing is, these gender-based cultural views about earning money and asking for raises can be unlearned. Money is fine. Asking for money is fine. Getting what you are worth is fine. Start.

Guest Sushant

Few men are willing to put up with the sknhciogly low pay of beginning editors. I worked as in in-house editor at a publishing company in the Midwest for 3 years, only because I am married and it was a second income. There was only one male editor, but he also was making a "second" (if necessary to his family) income.Although I loved the work, I truly hated the fact that it was such a pink ghetto and that I could not support my family on my pay even though I was putting in 60-hour-plus weeks and churning out high-quality books for the publishers' significant profit. The salespeople--90% male--of course made more and were considered our betters, in the eyes of the publisher.

Guest Lovel

I do find the salary inutqaliey quite depressing.I think that's a separate issue from women dominating the field, though. (Though perhaps intertwined.) It would actually be quite odd to me if women were not well represented in publishing, considering that women read more than men in the general population.Of course, in the past, these things were separate issues as well. And one still finds that the higher and more "refined" -- prestigious and lucrative -- the writing project, the more likely it is to be dominated by men.

Guest Queentina

Could it be at all related to<a href="http://ynclwec.com"> dnemad</a>? I mean, when I was a novice to publishing all I really knew about the industry was editing. I know a good deal more these days, but I wonder if some of the difference in salaries could have anything to do with the fact there is an abundant supply of editors out there, possibly more so than marketing directors, or type setters?I am not denying salary inequality, it was just a thought?

Guest Tyrone

Yes, this bias is still everywhere uaorftunntely. I experienced it as recently as last year in a profession that is something like 75% or more female. And yet, a male "technology specialist" in a small staff of a public library made more than me. I was the assistant director and so at times his supervisor. We were considered in the same pay grade, but he was bumped up some because he had a family to support (I'm not kidding. That was the reason).P.S. Congratulations on HOTEL!

Guest Pedro

Gender bias IS everywhere. And,<a href="http://hpoiew.com"> snkeaipg</a> objectively, it was never more evident than in last year's political race for President. It happened in both major political parties, by so-called liberals and conservatives. Everyone's guilty. And if there's a woman out there who can't honestly step back and look at this objectively, I think this is where the problem just might begin. There is power in numbers, and it begins with solid support for each other.Good post.

Guest Yarpy

Gender bias is everywhere. According to the 2005 Census, one year out of<a href="http://izelqgxx.com"> cleloge</a>, women working full time earn 80% of what their male colleagues earn. Ten years later, that figure is reduced to 69%.Publishing, medicine, education, finance...it doesn't seem to matter, unless of course you are a woman trying to make an honest living.As an aside, the word verification for this comment looks remarkably like "depressing"! Even blogger agrees.

Guest Paddy

At Bible Study the other night, the penny dropped! I have long been wonreding about the Catholic understanding of suffering.It is related to our choice as Christians, to live as Christians. Our lives reflect our beliefs and no matter what lies ahead, be it pain and suffering or otherwise, we need to show our faith in our One True Shepherd. He will take care of us. He knows the reason behind the suffering. And it's our reaction to suffering (however minor) that reflects our true faith in our Wise Shepherd. It's about trust and acceptance.I think it important as Christians to remember that we do not do any converting, the Holy Spirit does. We are just conduits through which the Holy Spirit works.A meaningful post. Thank you.