please help poor host selection? unknown lag issue

a str8 n00b

i have posted this in the waypoint forum as well. here is a link if you wish to read the posts

http://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst90002_Laggy-games--bad-host--Please-help-me.aspx

Ok so I have been having this issue for several weeks. My games are slightly laggy much of the time. I'm on my phone so I apologize if this topic is already out there. These are the steps I took to insure it was not my Internet. New router, new modem, new Xbox. Set DMz, ports opened, had Comcast tech come out said Internet can't get any better signal than what I have. Internet works fine, steams hd perfect. Yet I'm still getting this lag. So my question is what is going on, since it's not me? My shots are slow to register, Nades are a tad slow. When I host it's perfect, and sometimes when I'm not it's fine, but the majority of the time I have this unexplained lag. I'm in Portland or. Is 343 doing something with their host system? I played for months and months with no issues, and this has me not only baffled and stumped, but highly irritated. I only play halo, but I can not play properly with this lag. Speed tests are great. Tracerts fine. If anyone knows, has suggestions, or is having this problem, please let me know. I need my halo back to normal!!!!!!!'

all help is appreciated. or if this is soemthing 343 is working on i would like to have it verified. i have basically established it isnt my home connection, yet its still driving me nuts. i only play halo, so i cant compare cod or anything, but home connection is rock solid.

Ha I wrote a long reply but this doesn't work very well from my phone. Crap. I have Comcast blast it's about 30 meg down 5-6 upload. Brand new apple airport extreme with an express in my room joining the network Ethernet from express to Xbox. I enabled default host and set private ip to forward the ports to said ip. There is no actual DMz option on this router. Reach says nat is open packet loss low excellent. This started happening with old netgear router with upnp enabled an Xbox on automatic settings. As I said it worked for months no issue and this business started about 3-4 weeks ago and I have tried/ replaced everything I can think of. some of the steps i have taken. also comcadst has been to the house new model modem but he said it was all working perfectly with the old one.

Yes they came out. He literally said this is as good as it get for Internet connections. It's all perfect. Internet works great hd steams fast. This is not an issue with my in home Internet. It's either 343 or Comcast outside my home. But they would have told me of any service outages in my area. This has been going on for several weeks now