Halo Bulletin confirms XBL Gold required for Spartan Ops

Mr. Bashful Brute

Mow some lawns, wash some cars, walk some dogs, babysit, get a part time job-use the money to pay for gold.

Ask for it for Xmas, Channukah, Qwanza instead of a new phone or a puppy. 60 dollars a year is the price of one brand new retail priced game, instead of buying thay game get gold.

If you look online you can find deals such as a year of gold for $40.

STOP PLAYING WITH YOURSELF.

That's the point, we shouldn't have to do that, currently SO is included I the initial price of the game, which means a metric **** tonne of people are paying for something they cant use.

Would you wanna pay for something you can't use?

No?

Thought so..

That's the point, we shouldn't have to do that, currently SO is included I the initial price of the game, which means a metric **** tonne of people are paying for something they cant use.

Would you wanna pay for something you can't use?

No?

Thought so..

You are not being forced to buy anything. lots of other games are being released this holiday season, single player games with out an online requirement.

As for paying for things I can not use, I would either not make such a purchase in the first place OR find a way to make use of the features through hell or highwater.

You are not being forced to buy anything. lots of other games are being released this holiday season, single player games with out an online requirement.

Spartan Ops is included in the purchase price for Halo 4, yes, I AM being forced to buy it.

You are being forced to buy Halo 4? Those dang mafioso holding your wife hostage unless you buy Halo 4?

If you do not like the product features buy something else.

Nope, I'm being forced to buy Spartan Ops, im paying for it, but I can't use it.

Funny how that works, huh?

• Like 1

Nope, I'm being forced to buy Spartan Ops, im paying for it, but I can't use it.

I think this is one of the few things I agree with you about...requiring Gold for SO just shows that M$ is trying to make as much money as possible. Charging for SO season passes after the first season reinforces that standpoint. Poor 343i they make an awesome game like Halo 4 and than their evil father M$ ruins the respect the community has fo 343i

• Like 1

By that logic, you are being forced to buy multiplayer as well. Spartan Ops is part of the online multiplayer content. I knew that the day they announced the game mode. Would you be happier if Spartan Ops was a seperate mode not included with Halo 4 at all?

By that logic, you are being forced to buy multiplayer as well. Spartan Ops is part of the online multiplayer content. I knew that the day they announced the game mode. Would you be happier if Spartan Ops was a seperate mode not included with Halo 4 at all?

Yeah, I would rather have $20 than SO and Gold, I'm only buying it for the campaign. As a PC gamer I don't buy Xbox games for the multiplayer and I use firefight at a mates house for the 4-player ability.

Even if the disc had campaign only you would still have to pay the standard price of $60. I have no doubt that in the near future we will be purchasing the various modes in micro transactions, until that time comes you have to deal with the retail disc the way they are.

Lastly, most big releases coming with a 2 month card for Xbox Live Gold, wait till the end of Spartan ops Season 1 activate the trial and download and play.

No, I can play custom games offline with friends and family, I cannot do the same with SO.

Yes, I would be, then I wouldn't have to pay for something I can't use. It SHOULD be DLC instead of being included with the purchase price.

Wow, so screw everyone else getting bonus content, IF YOU CANT USE IT EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY EXTRA TO GET IT.

You are a real Blue Falcon.

Offline > online

No, I'm arguing this for the good of the offline community, it is far bigger then the online portion. They should be thinking about their offline community BEFORE the online, because most of their profits from sales, come from that portion.

• Like 1

Even if the disc had campaign only you would still have to pay the standard price of $60. I have no doubt that in the near future we will be purchasing the various modes in micro transactions, until that time comes you have to deal with the retail disc the way they are.

Lastly, most big releases coming with a 2 month card for Xbox Live Gold, wait till the end of Spartan ops Season 1 activate the trial and download and play.

No I had to pay $140 for the game as games here are only distributed by a few massive retailers, that is enough to buy groceries for a fortnight. Gold costs just less than the game with the year card.

Halo: Reach was a big release and I only got a 2-day trial, yes I can finish it in two days but what if I want to play it again later?

No I had to pay $140 for the game as games here are only distributed by a few massive retailers, that is enough to buy groceries for a fortnight. Gold costs just less than the game with the year card.

Halo: Reach was a big release and I only got a 2-day trial, yes I can finish it in two days but what if I want to play it again later?

Is ordering online not an option where you live? I would not even bother with consoles if I had to pay those prices, you are getting raked and it's very crummy that they are allowed to charge that much.

Is ordering online not an option where you live? I would not even bother with consoles if I had to pay those prices, you are getting raked and it's very crummy that they are allowed to charge that much.

I can order from other countries but shipping is ***** and so is RMAs. BF3 on PC was $70, this is why I am PC gaming all the way. Yes it would be nice if everyone was able to afford Gold but it just isn't possible. Our dollar is worth about 80c USD but our oil is somewhere around $2-3/L depending where you buy it.

That is a ******* joke. My friend is a Halo fanatic (every game, but no gold live) and now he has no firefight? C'mon. At least with Halo 2 it had the best campaign ever, but now hes stuck with a company hes never used, and a hope that campaign is good. Big misstep here.

i know how ur friend feels, tell him bout a movement that is in progress: https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream