the Flood as playable characters in Halo 4 infection

zach_90

one thing i really want to see in Halo 4 is the flood as playable characters instead of just spartans with swords it would be so much better :) or just flood firefight or a mixture of flood and covenant at the same time i think this is worth considering. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

This has been mentioned multiple times and as good of an idea as it is it just won't happen. This is because there are no flood models that are in halo 4. I don't think that 343 would spend so much time on one gametype. Maybe this can be incorperated in future halo games that involve the flood.

this is not a good idea. think about the more popular zombie games.

CoD zombies, which is pretty terrible, but a simple light objective game with weak, computer controlled enemies, similar to playing firefight on normal difficulty level. Head shot kills.

Left 4 Dead - Complex version with human team v zombie team/cpu controlled enemies. Because the entire game has been built around varying zombie abilities. Head shot kills, although difficult.

Halo Zombies - Simple game against other players who are "infected" with swords and a speed ability while human players have pistols and shotguns. Head shot kills.

Now think about different forms of the flood. There are covenant flood and human flood. The human flood are always the same marine size with human weapons. covenant flood encompasses different body types with covie weapons. Flood can also move after missing limbs. They have a sprint ability and extreme jumping ability. Extended arms for long reach ability to smack down.

In order to make a flood infection game type, and make it good quality, 343 would have to spend extensive development time to create uesr controls for the flood. Also, the flood can be tough to kill based on the type. elite and brute flood are usually two to three shots with a shotgun on heroic or legendary. taking this into account, what type of fast paced, arena based zombie game type could 343 create that would keep the playing field level enough for both zombie and human to have fun? also, name a flood type that you've head shot with a pistol, dmr or sniper rifle that fell from one shot on heroic or legendary? they would have to change the essence of what the flood is to make it humanoid for players to use. allowing the flood to be killed with one pistol shot (laughable) and move with sprint, beserk mode (flailing at full speed), extreme jumping (they would have to upgrade jumping beyond the current zombie game type), and weapon choices along with type of flood (human, covie type with weapons). just an opinion tho

• Like 1

I would be very happy if they did this, but that would be too cool, so it probably won't happen. On the other hand though predator will be really cool with forerunner vision now. Imagine predator with infinite forerunner vision, splaser, and sword. Can't wait to be shouting "KILL ME! KILL ME, YOU *******!" as the last man standing. Unfortunantly since there will be no flood zombies I will not enjoy shouting "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!" in zombies as much. Like others have said theres always hope for future titles.