What did you think of the Boss fights from each Gears of War Game?

As The title says.

Gears of War: I think Raam gave me the most trouble, especially with his kryll storm. I had to do it on co-oop on insane it was that tough haha. He was a very suspenseful boss, as seen threw the game. He was cool too which makes him even more bad. He lead the Locust army for 15 years!

For some biography.

General RAAM was a silent and savage Locust general. Once a Theron Guard, the cunning and ambitious RAAM usurped the military leadership of the Locust Horde through skill and intellect. He possessed great strength, able to wield a Troika machine gun by hand with ease and flipping a car without effort. RAAM also wielded a serrated blade at times and was the only known Locust able to control theKryll. General RAAM led his Locust warriors from the very beginning of the war on Emergence Day, crushing theCoalition of Ordered Governments forces in numerous battles, including the Battle of Ilima.

Fourteen years into the war, RAAM met his untimely death during the Lightmass Offensive at the hands of Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago.

From Grub to General

RAAM only spent one year as a Drone and quickly proved himself in the selected Theron Guard. Cunning and ambitious, within only a few short years he usurped the military leadership of the Locust Horde and took control for himself.[1] He led the Locust armies in the Locust Waragainst the Humans of Sera, and he led his troops personally on Emergence Day.[2] RAAM developed a strategy of locating Gear leaders and eliminating them, in order to demoralize the remaining human forces and deprive them of leadership, a tactic which Queen Myrrah approved of.[3] Somehow, RAAM learned the ability to wrangle Kryll, viscous bat-like creatures native to the Hollows; his mastery over the creatures was quite disturbing, as he used them as a shield and as a form of attack. RAAM was also tasked by Myrrah to command the Locust Elite when they were deployed on the battlefield.[4]

Personality and Traits.

RAAM was a quiet but merciless warrior, earning the favor of Queen Myrrahherself. He was intelligent, methodical and calculating, as seen by using acaptured Gear's radio to eavesdrop on the COG during the Lightmass Offensive.

Fear was not part of RAAM's vocabulary. Even when Marcus Fenix andDominic Santiago cleared the Tyro Pillar of his forces, RAAM alone stood his ground and fought to the bitter end. Despite this, the general knew when to retreat, as evidenced during Operation: Midnight.

General-RAAM.jpg

Gears of war 2: Skorge, he was a suspenseful boss, all though his actual boss fight(s), were let's say kinda crappy. He had the looks, the suspense, just not the bad***ery of Raam.

For some Biography.

Skorge was the high priest of the Kantus and general of Locustforces after RAAM's death during the Lightmass Offensive[5]. He wielded a Gorgon Burst Pistol, Ink Grenades, and the Dual Chainsaw Staff. He led Locust forces against Gears at Landown duringOperation: Hollow Storm, and nearly destroyed Jacinto City with his strategy of sinking cities around Jacinto, but met his demise outside Jacinto's gates at the hands of Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago.

High Priest of the Kantus

Skorge was the High Priest of the Kantus caste. As the leader of the Kantus monks, Skorge preached the religion of the Locust. He, like his fellow Locust, practiced a polytheistic religion. The religion's greatest deity was the Rift Worm. They also worshiped Rock Wormsfor their meat and hides. Skorge, being the leader of the Kantus, was the only one able or allowed to communicate with and lead the Rift Worm. When compared to the other Kantus, his chants are more scream-like, while the other Kantus sound more like they're roaring. However, this could just be because the other Kantus used their "speech" to issue orders to, and revive, Drones, while Skorge used his to lead the Rift Worm.

Leader of the Locust Forces

After the death of General RAAM and the destruction of the OuterHollows during the Lightmass Offensive, the Rift Worm was awakened, giving Skorge a chance to advance from his place as head of the Kantus monks to the Queen's highest ranking general. Skorge was able to use his Kantus "speech" to lead the Locustcounterattack against the Humans.

SkorgeDeath.jpg

Gears of war 3: Queen Myrrah. She was a very suspenseful boss. She had the looks as raam, and the act of it too. She was a pretty long boss fight. All though i expected more, she was more fun than Skorge. Queen Myrrah has to be firmly the longest boss fight i had on the xbox 360.

Queen Myrrah was the Queen of the Locust Horde during both the Locust Civil War and Locust War simultaneously, and then continued in the Lambent Pandemic with the remaining loyal Locust Horde forces. Leading her people hoping to colonize the surface and to destroy the Lambent threat in the Hollow, she leads the genocide of the Human race, only to have the Locust Horde face two near extinction events. Due to her status over her subjects as the Queen, the Locust treat her with the utmost respect, dying for her if necessary.

It is unknown how Queen Myrrah became a leader of the Locust Horde. However, her power as 'Queen' is assertive. Adam Fenix apperantly was aware of her origins and noted how her title as Queen was suggestive, possibly to represent a part of Seran history. Adam saw it as an anology for queens of termites or ants. This shows that Queen Myrrah's title of Queen is self-given and has does not have power related to royalty or genealogy.

9 Years Before E-Day, Myrrah's forces were discovered by Elain Fenix and she planned to make a public announcement of the new, underground species. However, when she returned, Queen Myrrah had her forces kill Elain.

With the Lambent infection taking its toll on the Locust Horde, Myrrah started to become desperate for a solution to the infection. Five years before Emergence Day, four years after Elain was killed, Queen Myrrah was met by Adam Fenix, of the Coalition of Ordered Governments, husband of Elain, who traced her tracks from her journals that led him to the Locust.

With his scientific knowledge and resources at disposal, Adam made a pact with Queen Myrrah. Myrrah's plans were to invade the surface, kill all Humans, colonize the surface world, and avoid the Lambent by leaving them in the Hollow. Fearing the day that would be known as Emergence Day, Adam made a deal with Queen Myrrah to find a way to stop and cure the Lambent infection.

However, since Adam worked so heavly on the Hammer of Dawn and other weapons at the end of the Pendulum Wars, and when all solutions to solve the Lambency problem would also cause the extinction of the Locust Horde as well, Myrrah became fearful of her race's fate and ordered the Locust invade the surface to try and find safety from the infection.[1]

Locustqueensavageflying.png

• Like 1

There was nothing like getting to the end of Gears 1 on Insane fighting General RAAM on the train with Reavers flying alongside you and having to stay in the light and behind cover. The Kryll were a pretty fun part of Gears 1. I actually never played Gears 2... Gears 3 however was and still is fantastic. And I loved the General RAAM's Revenge DLC. The boss battle at the end of Gears 3 was very annoying to me but the ending was good. So much emotion in Gears 3 and that's what I love about games the most now that I think about it. The emotions of amazing games like Gears 3 when Dom dies, Arkham City when Joker dies, Halo 3 when Johnson dies. I don't like that important characters die, I'm no sadist, but I love the way they make those characters go out and the feelings that are so visible and easy to empathize with like you actually knew those characters in real life. My favorite boss battle had to be RAAM's in Gears 1, the Gears 1 experience was like no other. It was just so new and awesome. Gotta love originals.

• Like 1

I never played Gears 1 or 2 on Insane but I found the boss fights in those two games rather simple with the right strategy. RAAM was kinda hard to beat with the Kryll and everything, Skorge was a wuss. But the hardest boss battle I had in any gears game would have to be Mira and the giant bug. Tried it on insane for the ghost protocol challenge, had 3 other players, took us 5 attempts to still fail lol... I think I ended up beating it alone eventually though.. Had to use the powerups though...

The Gears of War bosses always kind of irritated me, especially Myrra - they aren't necessarily difficult, they just have so much darn health! When a boss takes forever to kill even using the right strategy, that's usually indicative of bad design, and that's kind of the impression I got.

That said, there were a few bosses that I really enjoyed - the Corpser in the first game and the Leviathan in the second were loads of fun, as they actually required you to play tactically and use a good strategy to win, rather than just needing loads of bullets. Kind of the same with Skorge, though I wasn't happy that you had to use a Lancer to fight him, particularly as it took away my Sniper Rifle in order to give me one.

I like the fact that there were bosses at all, though. You don't even get them in a lot of modern games, and there is just something really satisfying about smashing something enormous apart.

I enjoyed all the Gears bosses. When I first faced the Corpser of Gears 1 I paused it and sat shocked took forever to do first time round then after that it didn't take long. General RAAM my fav boss fight of all Gears, dodging the Kyrll making sure he don't get close and quickly using Torque Bow and Sniper to take him down was fun in the end I did it with someone online.

I don't remember much bout the bosses from Gears 2 apart from the giant fish, and that boss was counter intuitive I would always run away when it went to bite the boat but almost cried when I had to go in its mouth that boss was the most edgy boss I fought on Gears oh and I loved the ride around on the Brumak XD

Gears 3 the Brumak so many time I was down and my team would revive me because they are pinned down, soo much ammo wasted but was fun, I was scared during it. Lambent Beserker I didn't want to fight this one it terrified me, to the point of sweating and taking various breaks and almost throwing my brand new controller, when it was over I was relieved and glad :D and Queen Mryyah I didn't find her hard at all, just time and ammo consuming I didn't die during this boss fight , I just wished there was more like chase her around on a reaver or something.

The story around the characters made you scared for them when facing the bosses because you didn't want any harm done to them and when fighting Queen Mryyah to me you feel Marcus's anger etc and the will to take her down. And then after you faced her after hearing her story I felt sorry for the Locusts