Skyrim question

Green gobler

If I buy dawnguard for skyrim tomorrow on my XBL account could my brother still play the DLC on his own account even if I bought it on mine? I'm talking Xbox accounts NOT skyrim characters accounts. Me and him fight about this every time one of us wants any type of DLC.

Ouch, that's a tough question. Sometimes it doesn't matter (Oblivion, I can play on my account and my wife can play on her account), sometimes it does matter (Reach DLC, if I'm not logged in, the wife doesn't have access to it). I don't know what the answer will be for Skyrim DLC. I'm curious about this too, now.

• 3 months later...

The answer to this question is rather simple. As long as both of you are on the same console, then yes. If on separate consoles, then no. It goes to the consoles, that means that if you buy it, then it will be playable to both accounts as long as your both on the same system. Go to Xbox.com and look up license transfer. It will explain better on the question.

Yep, I agree with Zelda. I saw my friends doing that exact thing after recovering their accounts on my other friend's Xbox. Enjoy Dawnguard, I really liked the story and found the addition well worth the time and microsoft points. If you're interested in Infection on Reach however, might I suggest giving my Skyrim: Fort Dawnguard map a look? It is by far my most successful map in the way of downloads, garnering almost 7k and still growing. If you do end up gettting the DLC you can see for yourself how I tried to keep the fort's integrety within my map.