Why is the Chief So slow?

Rex Reiden X

Ok in the Halo 4 - E3 Gameplay Demo (

) from 02:15 - 02:20 why does Chief takes soo long to react to somethiong moving behind him? He is a Spartan he is not supposed to react this slow, at least a few miliseconds but not 3 FULL SECONDS. You might think I am over reacting but I want this game to be perfect, I don't want to be let down since all of us are GREAT Halo fans. So this is not how a Spartan would have reacted, especially with "a pindrop in a sandstorm" kind of system. Would someone care to explain?

Interesting point you bring up here. I think they made it this way to either show how stealthy the monitor really is, to show how Chief's reaction time has worn over the years, to show that Cortana is not helping his reflexes since she has worn over the years, or for theatrical effect.

• Like 2

All Chief needs is a bottle o' jack and some crystal meth and he'll be right as rain. Or not.

I think it was for dramatic effect, as Drizzy said.

I can see his point of this. If they wanted a dramatic effect what they could have done was this.

(In terms of him reacting fast as a Spartan)

Screen moves to a side view of chief. He hears something at the back of him and slightly turns head.

screen goes to an upper left side view of chief as he swiftly turns and has his gun out. His head slowly

looks up as a huge shadow over casts him. Then screen moves to a back view of chief and the

huge orb thing before him.

Not exactly..

At his core, he is still human. Sure he has been enhanced and is now a cyborg, but he is still human. That's part of the point to the new trilogy, exploring the Chief's humanity. At least, I think that's what 343 was talking about in one of their videos.

I think it was probably a combination of being distracted by the very high possibility of being rescued for once, the stealth of the monitor, and the cunning of the chief, so that he could take his enemy by surprise when he thought he didn't detect them.