Prototype 2 PC Still On The Way, LucasArts Creative Director Quits &Nintendo Isn't Planning On Charging For Wii U Online Service

prototype20322-610.jpg

Radical Entertainment confirmed the upcoming release of Prototype 2 for PC is still coming next month as planned. Activision said the studio will no longer create games for the publisher and laid off a significant number of employees yesterday.

"We're very proud of what we achieved with the Prototype franchise, but unfortunately, the Blacklight virus didn't spread as far as it could," Radical said on Facebook. "For PC gamers, rest assured that the PC version of Prototype 2 is still going to launch on July 24th as planned.

"And a special 'thanks' to the Prototype Army and all our extremely loyal and passionate fans for supporting Radical Entertainment. We couldn't have come this far without you."

Activision said it's looking over its options for Radical, which even includes selling studio.

[source: Facebook]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/29/prototype-2-pc-still-on-the-way.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LucasArts Creative Director Quits.

lucaslogo610.jpg

LucasArts creative director Clint Hocking announced he left his position at the company. He joined LucasArts after leaving Ubisoft in May 2010.

"I recently left my job at LucasArts and am moving on to something new," Hocking said on his blog. "Unlike last time, I already have something lined up and I am currently in the process of dealing with the living hell of relocation."

He spent the last two years working on an unannounced project for LucasArts. His time at Ubisoft lasted 9 years where he served as game director on the original Splinter Cell and creative director on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Far Cry 2.

[source: Clicknothing.com]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/29/clint-hocking-leaves-lucasarts.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Isn't Planning On Charging For Wii U Online Service.

miiverse0605-610a.jpg

At a recent shareholders meeting in Japan, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the company has examined the possibility of an Xbox Live-style for-pay online service, but doesn't think it's the right course.

According to Andriasang, a shareholder asked about the possibility that Nintendo would charge for membership to the Wii U "Miiverse." Iwata said that the company is thinking about a service that would allow both the Wii U and other devices to connect to the consoles' online network, but feels that a subscription fee would impede the potential growth of the platform.

Source: Andriasang

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/28/nintendo-isn-39-t-planning-on-charging-for-wii-u-online-service.aspx