Cancelled Battlefront III gameplay footage released

rsevqp.jpg

Do you want another reason to scream George Lucas’ name while you shake your fist at the heavens? Of course you do.

Luckily, there is now an hour long gameplay video of Star Wars: Battlefront III. Remember, one of the best selling and highest rated Star Wars game series of all time? Unfortunately, Lucasarts pulled the plug on the newest installment some time ago. The gameplay footage is from an earlier build, but still enough to stir up a twinkle in this fan-boy’s eyes.

The video is plagued with choppy animations, terrible frame-rates, and enough bloom to make J.J Abrams blush, but what makes me cringe the most is the lingering odor of potential. Flying seems to be integral now instead of a tacky add-on, maps are larger and objectives more varied. The developers could have also had the chance to iron out the bugs that severely hurt the first two games. Battlefront III had all the makings of a great game, a blockbuster, which leads me to question why it was cancelled in the first place. Maybe George Lucas has developed a crippling fear of doing anything Star Wars fans would appreciate.

Look upon the video below, oh ye gamers, and despair, for it will never be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VJfc4bAiByM

I hope they only just shelved the game. I mean, they're working on another game currently, so maybe, if we're lucky, it's just set aside for another time. If so, the capabilities of the game would of epic proportions. The graphics would be amazing, it would be very smooth, it would just make an all over better game.

• Like 1

I played Battlefront 2 for like 6 years of my life... and if I still had it today I'd be playing it right now.

I was a general... I always like to pull a noob and 'hold position' with 4 clones and give them names and ranks... It was my prime in gaming... before I got XBL.