Shout box conduct/Respect for moderators.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It applies to everyone in this fine community we need to respect our "Superiors"

Having spent upwards of a decade on irc and other forums in various guises, its about respecting everyone not just mods or a sites own internal rules. That really should come secondary to basic politeness, anyone who really thinks they're superior to anyone else as got issues.

1st rule online (and in life in general) should be to treat everyone as you'd expect to be treated yourself, otherwise you've nobody to blame for the outcome but yourself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Y'know I got a little overzealous with my words in the shoutbox and I got banned without a slap on the wrist or anything. Just wondering if it's a perma ban or not. Can anyone tell me?

EDIT:

The mods are becoming a lot stricter guys.

No trolling or messing around anymore.

Oooooh, that explains it. I was just trolling out of a little frustration. Wish I read this sooner.

Y'know I got a little overzealous with my words in the shoutbox and I got banned without a slap on the wrist or anything. Just wondering if it's a perma ban or not. Can anyone tell me?

EDIT:

Oooooh, that explains it. I was just trolling out of a little frustration. Wish I read this sooner.

It's because so many people come here just complain and seeing that you're a new member, they probably thought you were here to just spam or complain. :P

The mods here are actually really nice but they make sure they do their job.

• 1 month later...

This is just basic knowledge in life 343I members. Respect your elders and treat others how you would like to be treated. Why is everyone pointing fingers at moderators? Is it wrong that they care enough about you as a community to keep the place clean from disrespectful and mean people?

No one will make it far in the real world talking behind your bosses back and calling them names if your disciplined. No they are not your bosses, but they are the authority figures who try their best to make this enjoyable for us and NO we couldn't do a better job. Go 1V1 them if you have aggression towards them.

I ran a business for 12 years with 55 employees who treated me as a friend. They also knew that I was the authority figure, though, and would never say some of the things that are written in this thread.

Starting rumors and drama will never result in a good thing. So be the bigger person and eliminate it from conversations you hear. Life is full of so many things that are much more interesting to talk about anyways.

• Like 4

This is just basic knowledge in life 343I members. Respect your elders and treat others how you would like to be treated. Why is everyone pointing fingers at moderators? Is it wrong that they care enough about you as a community to keep the place clean from disrespectful and mean people?

No one will make it far in the real world talking behind your bosses back and calling them names if your disciplined. No they are not your bosses, but they are the authority figures who try their best to make this enjoyable for us and NO we couldn't do a better job. Go 1V1 them if you have aggression towards them.

I ran a business for 12 years with 55 employees who treated me as a friend. They also knew that I was the authority figure, though, and would never say some of the things that are written in this thread.

Starting rumors and drama will never result in a good thing. So be the bigger person and eliminate it from conversations you hear. Life is full of so many things that are much more interesting to talk about anyways.

Could not agree more