Halo 4 Spartan's Rank System should be Navy

The Clusterfunk

Ranks this, ranks that. Doesn't matter to me, give me a weapon and put me on the battlefield, you can call me whatever you want, i'll get the job done either way.

The first one who thinks like me. I like you.

The ranks are just the way they should be peoples, otherwise 343 would have changed them. Also, the UNSC is completely seperate from the Army, navy and airforces. That is why it has its own rank, and Spartans are technically UNSC not Navy, cause navy is stationed on planet surfaces.......

• Like 1

The ranks are just the way they should be peoples, otherwise 343 would have changed them. Also, the UNSC is completely seperate from the Army, navy and airforces. That is why it has its own rank, and Spartans are technically UNSC not Navy, cause navy is stationed on planet surfaces.......

Lol. The UNSC is pretty much the only well known armed force for humans in the Halo universe. The Navy IS in space in halo. That is why the Marines are aboard all of the ships. The Marines are part of the Navy. The UNSC kinda is the Navy in a sense.

But the UNSC has it's own ranks that Halo Matchmaking is missing. So the UNSC ranks are NOT in Halo Multiplayer yet. THAT is what the ranks should be. They should be ranks that Spartans would get in R/L in Halo. But, I don't care. I'd rather have a nice change from Reach's ranks. Inheritor doesn't sound nor look cool enough to be a top rank to me.

• 5 months later...

I agree completely with this, the Spartans have always been apart of the UNSC Navy and that shouldn't change, Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, all Spartans have had navy ranks, most being either Junior Commissioned officers or Non-commissioned officers, I feel that they should remain a part of the UNSC Navy, and 343 should not try and change that, I think that the multiplayer ranks should reflect the UNSC Navy or the UNSC Marine Corp or maybe in the UNSC Army, but at least there should be canon ranks