Windows 8 Release Date Announced

microsoft-q1-profits-down-18-xbox-division-sees-boost.jpg

Windows 8 has a release date. Drum roll, please. You'll be able to buy or upgrade to Windows 8 on October 26, 2012. The news come from Steven Sinofsky while speaking at Microsoft's annual sales meeting.

According to Microsoft, there will be over 30 games available at launch "with a variety of genres, price points and business models." Microsoft says that Windows 8 is a huge opportunity for game developers and gamers.

Microsoft has not confirmed or denied whether or not they will be implementing Microsoft Bob into their new operating system. (I'm joking.)

We have a dedicated team inside of Studios that is focused on Windows.

Souce: Windowsteamblog

The information shown is from G4TV.com http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726099/windows-8-release-date-announced/

• Like 2

Personally, i didn't feel the necessity of 7, when i was using XP, but my brother did, so here i am with 7. 8? I'm not a computer genius, i barely know how to use paint, but i know it's an important development for the computer programmers. Hippy-dappy-doo.

• 2 months later...