My maps keep overwriting eachother!!

Advanced GMG

hey 343 i hope your reading this, because im about to rage quit at forging, Say i go to save one of my newer maps it would go and over write one of my older maps wich is just messing up my saved worlds and also im loosing them! one of my maps wont even save!!! please fix this in an update soon!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Since I run multiple accounts that have a maximum number, or close to it, at any given time. This problem seems to becoming more systemic due to the amount of name errors, map switching with other maps in inventory and having a map revert back to an earlier safe in it's linage after the final save. These have all happened to myself as well as numerous members in the forge community I regularly talk and play with. These are advanced forgers and the broad, consistent range of these issues points to a problem with the system.

I am going to start a Forge Issues thread and see what we get from the Community.

• Like 1

Try using "Save as" instead of save.

If your problem is a bit different (trying to forge on a blank forgeworld but the map you were previously forging on in forge world keeps showing up) then try selecting a non-forge world map, let it load up, then select forge world again.

This has happend to me multiple times, though only the first one actually affected me. After that I always make backup or copy files. So say I make a map called "Sweet New Map" I would make another called "Sweet New Map_2" to have a backup. It has saved me quite a few times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You may have noticed when you end a forge game and go straight back into forge on the same map any changes you didn't save are still there. A side effect of that system is that if you forge on two different maps consecutively the second one can overwrite the first if you hit save and not save as. If you load up another canvas like spire then go to the map you want to forge that should keep it from overwriting the first map.

The over writing happens when you have to many maps saved. You only have a limited amount of space to save your maps. So when you get to that point they start to save over each other. So every now and then you have to answer that hard question of which one do I want more. I have to do it all the time. Another thing is you could always start up another profile and start saving some to them. Im not saying you need gold. just take that new profile in and save the map with it. When you need it you can always jump into local with that profile and save on your main one.

• Like 2