VOTE ON THIS TOPIC: Are the spartans of reach spartan II's or III's

Mr. Wolfy

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the spartans on Halo: Reach are spartans II's or III's?

• Spartan II's
    • Spartan III's

It has come to my attention that some of the members of this community believe that the spartans on Reach are spartan III's, and I would just like this thread to be a final battlegrounds for this arguement. So without further ado, the opening arguement is that the spartans of Reach cannot be III's and are actually II's because: they are wearing spartan II armor not spartan III which is distinctively different and shown in the picture i attached, they do not have the built in camoflage unit in their armor that ALL spartan III's had, and Halsey did not know about the spartan III's until sometime after Halo 3 had occured and she NEVER had any command over spartan III's.

(Please keep this discussion inteligent and respectful.)

• Like 2

Those in halo reach are spartan III's. The entire team. There are a few reasons I know:

1. Live action trailer "Birth of a Spartan" had information within the video that stated they were spartan III's.

2. Spartan III's are smaller than II's.

3. Spartan III's, as stated in glasslands the book, are made for missions beyond ODST's, but below and too risky for spartan II's. Basically suicide missions. Reach was, in a nutshell, a suicide mission.

Those in halo reach are spartan III's. The entire team. There are a few reasons I know:

1. Live action trailer "Birth of a Spartan" had information within the video that stated they were spartan III's.

2. Spartan III's are smaller than II's.

3. Spartan III's, as stated in glasslands the book, are made for missions beyond ODST's, but below and too risky for spartan II's. Basically suicide missions. Reach was, in a nutshell, a suicide mission.

Jorge is not a Spartan III. Every member of Noble Team is a Spartan III except for Jorge. This is obvious due to how much larger he is compared to the other members of Noble. Regardless, every member of Noble Team (apart from Jorge) is a Spartan III. I do believe even Bungie said this during interviews leading up to the games release.

• Like 1

Bungie didn't make those books. But they did create the Halo universe. As far as I am concerned, their word that they are Spartan III's is final. Because they are. I have Ghosts of Onyx here with me. Even so, Bungie said multiple times that they are III's. Therefore, they are. And Wolfy, you disregard the Forerunner saga all the time but here you are saying that this book is true because it was written first? Please explain.

P.S. Maybe Noble team was a secret group trained somewhere else? They sure weren't mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. Who says that every single Spartan III was trained on Onyx? The saber program was never mentioned until Reach, and no debates rise over this.

P.P.S Their armor in no way is indicated to be II or III. That argument is invalid.

Bungie didn't make those books. But they did create the Halo universe. As far as I am concerned, their word that they are Spartan III's is final. Because they are. I have Ghosts of Onyx here with me. Even so, Bungie said multiple times that they are III's. Therefore, they are. And Wolfy, you disregard the Forerunner saga all the time but here you are saying that this book is true because it was written first? Please explain.

P.S. Maybe Noble team was a secret group trained somewhere else? They sure weren't mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. Who says that every single Spartan III was trained on Onyx? The saber program was never mentioned until Reach, and no debates rise over this.

i believe that the forunner books lead off of the main storyline of what halo was intended to be i also believe that the comercials to which u refered as being "Bungie's final word on the matter" were mislead from the storyline

furthermore as i had stated no III's were trained anywhere else but onyx and even further more they werent mentioned in ghosts of onyx because they werent III's because halsey didnt make III's and III's didnt train or operate out of anywhere BUT onyx