Beam Rifle in Halo 4?

Here is an article from spawn.com regarding new halo action figures, i posted a topic previously providing a picture of them here. In that article where it talks about the elite ranger, it has confirmed that the weapon it is holding is a beam rifle.

"The Elites are back in , including the popular Ranger variant as depicted in Halo: Reach. Elite Rangers feature a fully-sealed environment suit and an airtight helmet with clear visor; perfect for extra-vehicular activity in the vacuum of space. "Our Elite Ranger figure comes with the redesigned, Halo 4 version of the Beam Rifle."

Could this be confirmation that the beam rifle will feature in the actual game?

ZEmAO.jpg

• Like 2

I sure hope that this can count as a confirmation. The Beam Rifle was such a good gun and I have no idea why it was taken out in Reach. In some ways I enjoyed it more than the sniper.

It was taken out in Reach because it wasn't in the original Halo (the covenant hadn't developed it yet apparently).

I love the beam rifle, and I hope it is a sniper again rather than an underpowered medium ranged weapon like it's Reach counterpart the Focus Rifle.