The Hobbit: from a Duology to a Trilogy

SternuS

Recently, Peter Jackson, director of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, announced that The Hobbit will evolve from a duology to a trilogy.

Many fans enjoyed the news, and many were disappointed. Here's a list of what are the Pros and Cons to this change:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/31/the-pros-and-cons-of-a-hobbit-trilogy

Obviously, as one of the most aknowledged (spelt right?) fan of Tolkien saga, i am confident about Peter Jackson, also if he omitted many parts of the books in the LotR trilogy.

In a few words: the more Hobbit, the better.

What are your thoughts?first-shot-of-ian-mckellen-as-gandalf-in-the-hobbit-56359-00-470-75.jpg

Its a book shorter than any of the Lord of the Rings books, but their stretching it into a trilogy. Its a terrible idea. Two movies made sense. PJ is a good director, but not good at story and writing when he decides to ditch Tolkiens narrative. I love the LOTR movies, but where they went wrong was precisely where Peter Jackson decided to change thigns or introduce stuff that wasn't in the books.

And if they want to make three movies out of a relatively short book, Peter Jackson is going to have to film allot of material that Tolkien himself never really covered in anything but the vaguest detail, ergo, Jackson is basically going to have to pull vast segments of these movies out of thin air.

I'm actively thinking these movies are going to be a dissapointment for that reason. I doubt they will be anything worse than mediocre, since PJ is a good technical film maker, but I don't have any faith in him considering how he butchered big parts of the Two Towers and ALL of King Kong.

• Like 1

Its a book shorter than any of the Lord of the Rings books, but their stretching it into a trilogy. Its a terrible idea. Two movies made sense. PJ is a good director, but not good at story and writing when he decides to ditch Tolkiens narrative. I love the LOTR movies, but where they went wrong was precisely where Peter Jackson decided to change thigns or introduce stuff that wasn't in the books.

And if they want to make three movies out of a relatively short book, Peter Jackson is going to have to film allot of material that Tolkien himself never really covered in anything but the vaguest detail, ergo, Jackson is basically going to have to pull vast segments of these movies out of thin air.

I'm actively thinking these movies are going to be a dissapointment for that reason. I doubt they will be anything worse than mediocre, since PJ is a good technical film maker, but I don't have any faith in him considering how he butchered big parts of the Two Towers and ALL of King Kong.

Yeah, actually i've never seen King Kong, but you're right about the LotR trilogy. And i have the same apprehension about The Hobbit. More than anything about that Gandalf/Galadriel thing.

I am excited to see. I was never a big LOTR fan but i am really excited to see these.

well, do not expect the Helm's Deep siege or the Minas Tirith battle. The Hobbit is more funny and less epic, but it can excite you as well as the LotR trilogy

Yeah, actually i've never seen King Kong, but you're right about the LotR trilogy. And i have the same apprehension about The Hobbit. More than anything about that Gandalf/Galadriel thing.

Yeah if there actually going to have some sort of ridiculous love story there that's a pretty bad indication.

• Like 1