Forerunner/Promethean Probe?

SykoWolf

Maybe the covenant awakened him. Those guys are really bad with ancient evils, first they unleash the flood, now the Didact. What? In 20,000 years are they gonna awaken George Bush?

I disagree. We can clearly see from the many videos that the Prometheans are fighting the Covies. And how could they know about how to open a Cryptum? Only Bornstellar and Chakas and Riser were able to open it, one being a Forerunner, the others having a "code" inside them.

See my only problem with it being a Cryptum is the fact that a Cryptum is used to hold high ranking Forerunners in a sort of self exile. So why is it flying about scanning people and chasing the infinity? Makes no sense to me, the cryptum should be stationary.

Well, maybe the Librarian or the Didact himself built it for a specific purpose. If my memory is good enough, when the Didact first hybernated himself in the Cryptum, he was searching some kind of rest, solitude, to meditate about his duty. So, he hidden in a secret place, far away from the civilization, to not be awakened.

Perhaps this time he had a different purpose, maybe he's trying to maintain a sentinel control. Just saying.

it's been pretty much confirmed that it's a cryptum

Then the question remains;

Who revived the Didact?

Like my post earlier on in the thread, Bornstellar helped revive the original Didact, and to do so he had to carefully ensure that the Didact got the fluids that were supplied in the correct order and with excruciating delicacy. And if the Didact is walking and talking, then who revived him?

As well I think a few people have said that it could be a different version of a Cryptum, the one the original Didact was in had the purpose to fulfil his exile, so perhaps this Cryptum is a different version to allow the being to enter a cryo state so that someone else doesn't need to resuscitate him?

But there's also the possibility that it's not the Didact's personal Cryptum. So many questions! November need's to hurry!

is it possible the Didact was put in the cryptum as a sort of punishment for some actions that he may have done?? In Silentium, both the original didact and the obrnstellar didact are characters, so we dont even know which one is in the cryptum.....

but i have an idea...

we have all seen concept art pictures of giant foerunner structures, and in a certain one, forerunner looking ships are seen flying aorund these structures

0e2c505665f2a4142bda2790087e485a.jpg

no look at those ships compared to the ships on the cover of Primordium

cover_haloprimordium.jpg

so we can assume there is a whole foerunner colony there that could revive the Didact

....bingo....

is it possible the Didact was put in the cryptum as a sort of punishment for some actions that he may have done?? In Silentium, both the original didact and the obrnstellar didact are characters, so we dont even know which one is in the cryptum.....

but i have an idea...

we have all seen concept art pictures of giant foerunner structures, and in a certain one, forerunner looking ships are seen flying aorund these structures

no look at those ships compared to the ships on the cover of Primordium

so we can assume there is a whole foerunner colony there that could revive the Didact

....bingo....

Where did you find that image?

Anyway, i don't remember if it is said that the UR-Didact is dead... the ships are really similar, but they're a bit too far away to recognise them.

Yeah, that makes sense, being a Forerunner shield-world it is supposed to contain Forerunners.

Actually, i can't understand why i didn't thought this before, lol!

Well I don't think those are ships in the concept art, I think they're just pieces of the Structure, kind of like the scattershot with the small piece just floating around it

Mmh, they're too far away positioned from the main structure. I would assume that they're ships.

Where did you find that image?

Anyway, i don't remember if it is said that the UR-Didact is dead... the ships are really similar, but they're a bit too far away to recognise them.

Yeah, that makes sense, being a Forerunner shield-world it is supposed to contain Forerunners.

Actually, i can't understand why i didn't thought this before, lol!

Mmh, they're too far away positioned from the main structure. I would assume that they're ships.

I would assume that since the structures are of such large proportions that they would have such a large magnetic field.

huh? no it isnt, this happens directly after the Infinity comes through the inner shell of Requiem, so it would be like right at the begining of the game. MC and cortana wouldnt have met whoever is inside the Thingy. Plus Ryu your forgetting that it could be just another robotic device with a "soul" like the prometheans/

How is 3 into the game though? Considering the MC would have only just got off the FUD, this is more likely the 3rd mission. So nearer to the start.

And i didnt mean "souls" but rather the collective consciousness of dead Warrior servants split and placed into the Prometheans like they did with War Sphinx's.

How is 3 into the game though? Considering the MC would have only just got off the FUD, this is more likely the 3rd mission. So nearer to the start.

And i didnt mean "souls" but rather the collective consciousness of dead Warrior servants split and placed into the Prometheans like they did with War Sphinx's.

Once, in an interview with Waypoint, he stated "this part is actually going to be at 1/3 of the game" or something like that.

Once, in an interview with Waypoint, he stated "this part is actually going to be at 1/3 of the game" or something like that.

Yeah it was stated that the E3 demo footage was a third through the game. Something like that anyway haha. I think it was also stated that Halo 4 will give us more of an open world feel?

So there could be quite a bit of exploration to experience before the Infinity arrives at Requiem. Which I gladly welcome!

Oh alrite, sorry my mistake.

But yeah, i still find it kinda hard to believe that the Didact is floating around in a Cryptum chasing the Infinity.

Its my belief that this is more like a defense drone, and that the master chief will destroy it after making contact with the infinity.