Boltshot?

Tallgeese

In the Waypoint explanation/reveal of Specializations, one of the weapons listed was the Boltshot. Any news on this seemingly new weapon. It either looks Human or Promethean, I am assuming it is a Promethean version of the Railgun. It could also be the Promethean Pistol, seeing as it looks similar.

http://halo.xbox.com...etin-81512.aspx

here is a picture:

CtibO.jpg

I TOLD U PEOPLE IT WAS A PISTOL!!! They called me crazy, mad, stupid. I'm guessin' it will work kinda Plasma Pistol, lettin it charge for the "Flamethrower" shot, and the other shots would be more "pew pew pewpew pewpewpew pew"

It May be bigger

if their is a pic of it being used promptly ignore this but how can we be sure of its size. I mean there is a kind of handgrip there but its a Promethean weapon so how can we judge the size of a gun on the size of a handgrip made for another species.

I mean i doubt its as big as a railgun but it could be bigger than a pistol.

Im not saying its not a pistol just it might not be

It May be bigger

if their is a pic of it being used promptly ignore this but how can we be sure of its size. I mean there is a kind of handgrip there but its a Promethean weapon so how can we judge the size of a gun on the size of a handgrip made for another species.

I mean i doubt its as big as a railgun but it could be bigger than a pistol.

Im not saying its not a pistol just it might not be

It was seen on a Jumping Spartan's leg, and many people (but me:D ) Called it the new SMG. It was later seen in Spartans hands, with the Flamethrower or Bolt firing. And on First Person View on the Rocket preview, this last 2 on Halo 4's UNSC weapon video.

So yeah, its a Pistol.

Fact - Indeed this is a Promethean weapon. The Boltshot is a charge-based weapon that shoots super charged lightning bolts at the target for maximum damage.

This new weapon may be considered in the future to be a shotgun or a power weapon by most players. I'll bet my processor on it.

TX-20 :robo:

The more and more i hear of these new weapons the more excited i get. The return of the gravity hammer and now this almighty boltshot. If you look about where the barrel is you will notice the space where the ammunition should be and this thing is definently firing a bolt projectile as the name suggests. Excited!!