New Armor Specialization Info

Dawn Wolf

https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/15/The-Halo-Bulletin-81512.aspx

Lots of news in here, most of which I believe is new.

Much of this is... Very unexpected and strange, I'm sure many will feel this news is unsettling as well. I'm still playing with these ideas in my mind. To me, they sound like ideas that sound good on paper, bad to us on paper, but end up actually being a little better than we thought, and a little worse than they thought.

It turns out, if you put your letscomparehalo4tocod hat on, these may be the equivalents of prestiging, only with the addition of armor and armor mods, and without losing your rank.

Give it a read, and post your likely negative thoughts below!

The Stalker will be fantastic for those looking to get their revenge on a player. That's difficult to do at the moment, because you have to remember their GT, whereas in Gears of War, you know who the person is by their character.

Engineer and Tracker will be great as well, it'll definitely be a warm welcome to those who fall in love with Infinity Slayer.

I'll probably use Wetwork, it'll hopefully help me because I wear Turtle Beach, so by dampening the sounds my Spartan makes when moving around, it's easier to hear enemies.

I absolutely can't wait to try all this new stuff that 343i are bringing to the table. It's fantastic to see the creativity of the minds of the people that are passionate about the franchise that they have been given to work upon.

The waiting is excruciating!

To play the devils advocate here, aren't you concerned about an ability (That's unlockable, late, no less) that will allow you to see exactly where an enemy is? I mean, consider doubles...

And with all these new options, there's a vast number of varieties that a team can use to use against the other team, let's take the Stalker specialization as an example;

Team doubles - Unknown map

One of the members of Red team is killed by a member of Blue team. The Red team member has the Stalker specialization, meaning he can see the person that killed him, and track him. The Blue team member, who killed one of the members of Red team, has Promethean Vision on his loadout, and so can track the Red team member with the Stalker specialization, and be prepared.

As you see, a member from each team has something in their loadouts to track the opposite teams player, fight fire with fire. And with all these customizations, comes a whole range of fighting fire with fire. And with these customizations, you can define your loadouts to not only your playstyle, but to combat other loadouts as well. Let's not forget the equations of Reaction time, shot placement, things like that :)

Well, I realize that of course. But I'm mainly talking about these armor mods. Assuming all other things are equal. The Stalker player could have anything the player who hasn't unlocked armor mods has.

I'm not against these mods, but they are more radical than I expected. I never thought we would see something like Fast Track. We're seeing the personal ordinance now in essentially all basic gametypes, not just Inf. Slayer, and limited to those of a higher rank. That's not what we expected. This means that any of the problems that come along with it (People spawning an over shield at really opportune times, being able to camp in parts of the map without going out to get weapons) can permeate all game modes.

Not saying I don't like it per sey, but it's pretty extreme stuff.