I truly hate people who compare this to CoD, It's ridiculous!

YouForgotTheCarrots-YT

@ The Director: I believe the BR and AR are available from the begining along with the Magnum and Frag. The rest you obtain as you level up, but they are all pretty much obtainable pretty quickly...the Promethean weapons I heard are the last that you unlock, it goes Human, Covie, than Promethean. But this is all info that I heard at ComicCon. So it could all change.

I've seen many of these threads...

Anyway, like a few of you have said, CoD and Halo have completely different aspects to them. Halo is futuristic, has aliens, has different guns, and just has a different sort of plot than CoD. CoD though, in my opinion, is a bit of an average game. Just get a basic gun, (most do the same thing, so which one you pick is almost irrelevant), shoot two shots to the body in the opponent, throw grenade at others, repeat steps one and two. The campaign is pretty much the same as well.

So, those that say it's becoming CoD, really need to open their eyes a bit.

Well, when someone tells you that Halo is copying from CoD, you have to analyze:

1-Is he building up a theory why Halo copied some aspects from CoD? Then you can debate with him, taking inspiration from the posts on this topic or on others or just saying what you think.

2-Is he screaming and yelling like a 6 years old that Halo sucks? Then just ignore him. Why should you talk to someone that won't listen to you even if you're trying to peacfully explain your point of view?

Nowadays, i only explain what aspects do Halo and CoD have in common to someone who asks me. My friends, for example. In rare occasions, if someone tells me "Halo blablabla sucks blablabla" (that's usually what i can understand from the screams on the mic) i just shut up him with "You don't like it? I do. Deal with it." Stop.

Yes, but you don't level up the weapon itself. And the weapons are purely cosmetic. The DMR, BR, and Carbine are fairly evened out, so it's not like you gain an advantage (Like you do in CoD and BF3). Not to mention that they haven't released how the unlock system is going to work, so for all we know all of the weapons except the covenant/forerunner weapons are unlocked, and the majority of unlocks are weapon skins. We'll see when it comes out (or closer to the release date).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mQAOdGtDg

Go to 1:10

Even though it is the Spartan Ops screen, I believe it was said your overall Rank is across the board?

And you can see as the person achieves Major Grade 3, they unlock the Battle Rifle.

But I do hope, like many others that they've changed this and the Battle Rifle is a starter weapon, but it's no problem if you have to unlock it first. Hopefully they shed some knowledge at PAX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mQAOdGtDg

Go to 1:10

Even though it is the Spartan Ops screen, I believe it was said your overall Rank is across the board?

And you can see as the person achieves Major Grade 3, they unlock the Battle Rifle.

But I do hope, like many others that they've changed this and the Battle Rifle is a starter weapon, but it's not problem if you have to unlock it first. Hopefully they shed some knowledge at PAX!

great video

Well even if the BR is unlocked later, it would appear that leveling goes by quick. Leveling 1-50 does not appear to take as long this time around, seeing as they want people to level through the Specializations as well which only unlock post 1-50.

Well even if the BR is unlocked later, it would appear that leveling goes by quick. Leveling 1-50 does not appear to take as long this time around, seeing as they want people to level through the Specializations as well which only unlock post 1-50.

Hmm, at first I thought it made no sense since they said you have two at start. Now, I believe they mean you have two once you hit 50.

Is...is this thread answered?

i would like it better if you have all the weapons unlocked, because its something i hated about cod, cause that would mean if your a higher level you have better weapons and more of an advantage on lower levels

I would have to disagree...the weapons in Halo 4 are well balanced, at least they were at ComicCon and I am sure they have been improved more since than so all players will be balanced with any weapon they choose for their play style. Each weapon has its plus and minus. Each can be countered. It really depends on the players skill now.

I would have to disagree...the weapons in Halo 4 are well balanced, at least they were at ComicCon and I am sure they have been improved more since than so all players will be balanced with any weapon they choose for their play style. Each weapon has its plus and minus. Each can be countered. It really depends on the players skill now.

once again im sure everyone is going to start with the AR which vs the dmr or br is no chance , unlocking weapons is stupid, you should have all of them unlocked then it will make it balanced because if someone is using a good weapon and your a lower level you dont only have an AR to defend yourself

Frankie already stated that there are going to be pre loaded loadouts that have weapons you get at later levels to show you whats to come. Those pre loaded loadouts will undoubtedly have the DMR and BR etc. So if you want to you can use the pre loaded ones. The only difference is that the higher levels will have more customization to what grenade and secondary, armor mod etc. is in the loadout.

Frankie already stated that there are going to be pre loaded loadouts that have weapons you get at later levels to show you whats to come. Those pre loaded loadouts will undoubtedly have the DMR and BR etc. So if you want to you can use the pre loaded ones. The only difference is that the higher levels will have more customization to what grenade and secondary, armor mod etc. is in the loadout.

ahh thats a lil bit better, i guess as long as they dont add attchments and keep it as fair as possible