Who else think 343 botched the armor in halo4? and would you perfer a red energy sword as an unlocable or code or dual wield energy swords, OR BOTH?

lArbiter926

I agree completely. The default armor actually looks like it could use be an improvement of the mjolnir system.

Where the others just look like more angles and bumps will make it look cooler.

i agree with your comment on the default armour. But i disagree that the others are not desent looking. I think the look pretty cool.

I like the idea of having a special effect for an energy sword such as the glow change to red.. HOWEVER.. I do not see the point in having dual wield Swords. One swing of it and someone dies.. so what is the point of having two? Just to look cool? If so then there really is no point to having dual swords.

Personally I think that the more the merrier. I'm sure that they'll be plenty of traditiona armor, but having a bunch of new, outlandish, science-fictiony stuff is fun too. One of the most fun things about this game that differentiates it from...certain others, is that it doesn't care to be unrealistic if it means having a good time.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I think that the more the merrier. I'm sure that they'll be plenty of traditiona armor, but having a bunch of new, outlandish, science-fictiony stuff is fun too. One of the most fun things about this game that differentiates it from...certain others, is that it doesn't care to be unrealistic if it means having a good time.

It's only merrier when it looks good.

The games need to progress or i would still be playing Halo 3 and i'm not, As soon as reach came out i never played H3 again and i'm sure it will be the same this time. Sprinting and then jetpacking into the sky :)

Lol no jetpack now. its more like the jump pack brutes and elites use. you get a one dodge a 'charge' evade, but thats not its name anymore.

It's only merrier when it looks good.

Typical simple player. Think about this. Spartans are made for war. Not a fashion show. If the armor could actually serve it's purpose, maybe it doesn't look great. It's merrier when it's real.

Lol no jetpack now. its more like the jump pack brutes and elites use. you get a one dodge a 'charge' evade, but thats not its name anymore.

Lol, even a month ago we knew the Jet Pack is like Reach, but with half the time. You're thinking of the Thruster Pack.

Some of the armours do look ugly to say the least. However there a quite a few which i am happy with, so im not too bothered.

Least they can serve a purpose now, right? I'm with you. There are quite a few that look good. You just have to take more than two seconds of a "picture" to form an opinion.

Typical simple player. Think about this. Spartans are made for war. Not a fashion show. If the armor could actually serve it's purpose, maybe it doesn't look great. It's merrier when it's real.

Lol, even a month ago we knew the Jet Pack is like Reach, but with half the time. You're thinking of the Thruster Pack.

Least they can serve a purpose now, right? I'm with you. There are quite a few that look good. You just have to take more than two seconds of a "picture" to form an opinion.

Yes Spartans are made for war, and they are also FICTIONAL. So their armour still has to nice for the players, and i know what the jet thruster is it is a one use per cool-down evade, and if jetpack only has half the time of reaches, then its gonna act more like the jump pack isn't it?

I think 343 is doing a good job so far no point in saying they are messing up when we havent even played it yet.

I think 'messed up' was probaly a poor title, maybe 'Do you think 343's armour designs are Bad' would have been better. My answer? No, they havn't. Adding skins? yes. and red/duel wield energy swords = stupid.

This entire thread is full of baffoonery. The title was too long, OP's grammar is atrocious, and no, there will be not dual-wielding swords.

There are about 30 helmets known so far. YES, you will find one that you like.

Lol, very straight forward and direct. I haven't looked at all the helmets yet but I imagine you're totally correct as to the fact that at least one will be likeable.

38, they've shown about 30, they all look pretty weird..

All helmets and armor have been shown. The PAX build was the final build of all helmets and armor customization. A video and screenshots of all helmets and armor customization was released post PAX shoing all of them.

All helmets and armor have been shown. The PAX build was the final build of all helmets and armor customization. A video and screenshots of all helmets and armor customization was released post PAX shoing all of them.

Oh didn't know that, now I do.