We need duel wielding back!

Iso

Duel-wielding?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like duel-wielding to return in Halo 4?

• Yes, in both singplayer and multiplayer.
    • Yes, but only in singleplayer.
    • No.
    • Totally indifferent.

Hey guys, new here!

I was recently informed that Halo 4 is supposedly dropping duel wielding. This news was very disappointing to me, and I know it has been to so many other Halo fans around the world. I just assumed that the feature would return for the continuation of Master Chief's story.

To me, duel wielding is one of the gameplay mechanics that differentiated Master Chief from all of the other spartans. It's what elevated him from average spartan to badass killing machine. The exclusion of duel-wielding in Reach was a disappointment, but I accepted it because Master Chief was not playable in the game.

Now, I realize that duel wielding poses balancing issues in the competitive multiplayer portion of the game, and while I feel that there are ways to properly incorporate this mechanic into the MP, I can see why 343 didn't want to bother with this rather daunting task.

But still, there's no reason to exclude duel wielding from the single player and cooperative portions of the game!

I've read several forum topics about this, and it seems to me that the majority of Halo players would love to see this feature implemented into Halo 4. Very few seem opposed to it. The ones who are only seem to be opposed to it being implemented into the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Duel wielding is just so much fun! In my opinion, the Halo series has the best duel wielding out of any game, period. To me, Halo's gameplay is synonymous with duel wielding. It really makes you feel like a badass to rain down destruction with duel SMGs! It adds a whole new dimension to the gameplay by giving it more flavor and variety. It makes the player feel more like a superhuman soldier, which is what Halo's single player is all about! It's one of options that differentiates the Halo sandbox from everything else out there!

So, let me ask you fellow Halo fans... do you want to see this feature brought back in Halo 4? Will you miss it like I will?

Yes, but only in Single player and Co-op. In matchmacking cirtain weapon combos were too powerfull (for example, dual maulers or plasma pistol and a magnum) but in the single player they were alot more ballanced.

I also notice you are new to the forums, Welcome and enjoy your stay :)

I used duel wielding all of the time in Halo 2 and Halo 3, at least 50% of the time. For me, it changed the experience significantly. There's simply something incredibly badass about mowing down the Covenant with duel SMGs, maulers, pistols, ect. It feels good and enhances the sense of superhuman power, not to mention the option to take advantage of both hands whenever possible enhances my sense of player control.

I see what you're saying, but there's still no reason why 343 should cut it completely from the game. It belongs in singleplayer. It's one of Master Chief's signature abilities. They could easy balance duel-wielding in the singleplayer portion of the game.

Thanks for the welcome btw! I'm glad to be here :)

dual wielding is just unnecessary, the pistol is accurate and strong enough for close range, as are most of the smaller single handed weapons. I don't think any of the halo weapons are being called into question for "lacking in killing power" so I would say dual wielding would either speed up gameplay, which can be a bad thing at times especially on what range dual weilding would potentially be effective and then potentially taking away from your mid to long range weapons. Its just one more thing that would unbalance the game. Worked in halo 2 to a degree but other then smg/pistol and pp/plasma rifle dual wielding wasent seen much. The fact that covenant weapons strip away shields and human strips away health, makes a deadly combo. Adding probably wouldnt hurt the game, i just dont think theres much of a point.

• 3 weeks later...

dual wielding is just unnecessary, the pistol is accurate and strong enough for close range, as are most of the smaller single handed weapons. I don't think any of the halo weapons are being called into question for "lacking in killing power" so I would say dual wielding would either speed up gameplay, which can be a bad thing at times especially on what range dual weilding would potentially be effective and then potentially taking away from your mid to long range weapons. Its just one more thing that would unbalance the game. Worked in halo 2 to a degree but other then smg/pistol and pp/plasma rifle dual wielding wasent seen much. The fact that covenant weapons strip away shields and human strips away health, makes a deadly combo. Adding probably wouldnt hurt the game, i just dont think theres much of a point.

I think Dual Wielding offered a solution to when the shotgun(s) on the map was gone and tou needed to get out of a close quarters situation.

Also for those making short films in thearter how epic would it look sprinting with duel wielded weapons?

I loved duel wielding. People can argue about unfairness and "balance" but in the end it was a fun thing that helped set halo 2 apart from other titles. I say to bring it back :)

It was never op. it was easily countered with weapons that were about the same strength when single wield, so they could trow grenades to help themselves.

It was never op. it was easily countered with weapons that were about the same strength when single wield, so they could trow grenades to help themselves.

In Halo 4, the guns are specially balanced and most of the small guns actually dual-wieldable are gone. It was needed for it to be taken out.