Play as a Promethean?

Tallgeese

In a post by Jord, he shows a video of new gameplay. In the beginning of the video on the right hand side it shows a symbol of a spartan helmet and says Spartan Armor. Now it came to me that if we could only play as Spartans, why add the screen saying Spartan Armor? We know that Frankie said Elites were out, but perhaps we can play as a Promethean now?

Here is a link to Jord's thread:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/13394-halo-4-ctf-on-exile-bravomlgs-pov/

@Maximum Clutch: I have a feeling you are correct, and really I wouldnt mind that, but do you have a link that says that? The only thing confirmed that I know of is that Elites are not in War Games. Nothing says that Prometheans will not be in War Games as far as I know

@Maximum Clutch: I have a feeling you are correct, and really I wouldnt mind that, but do you have a link that says that? The only thing confirmed that I know of is that Elites are not in War Games. Nothing says that Prometheans will not be in War Games as far as I know

There is no way they'd implement playing as a Promethean. Elites had very similiar tactics/movement/abilities as Spartans, whereas Prometheans are basically mechanical robotic AI.

I feel as if Halo 4 is focusing directly on the life of a Spartan aboard the UNSC Infinity, especially with using it as a simulation hub for multiplayer War Games. Playing as a Promethean would alienate the player's experience (no pun intended).

• Like 1

Perhaps it is just extra detail letting you know you are a Spartan and not an Elite?

That would be a bit stupid if it was, though. They've already done away with playable Sangheili in Halo 4. Specifically reminding you that you're playing as a Spartan, not a Sangheili, would just be kicking the Sangheili community when it's down.

You play a Spartan in Spartan Ops and War Games. And obviously in campaign too. So the only place where playing a forefunner could be implemented is forge/custom games. But i highly doubt it.

That being said, 343 did say that they would have something to scratch that itch for all those that aren't happy with elites being out of multiplayer, so maybe playing as a forerunner isn't that far fetched. I still doubt it though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Asia: You are the second person to bring up Elite Ops....there is no such thing. There is only Spartan Ops, they are not going to make people pay for both Spartan Ops and Elite Ops, not only that, but making both Ops versions would cost them a lot of time and money. There is only Spartan Ops.

I think that since you cant play as elites in the matchmaking and you can only play as them in elite ops, forge and custom games that u wont be able to play as a promethian

Also its supposed to be Spartan vs Spartan thats what they said

You can not play as an Elite at all. Not even in Customs or Forge. Those are considered competitive multiplayer. They said competitive multiplayer, not Matchmaking. That encompasses all possible multiplayer aspects except for co-op. Elite Ops is only an idea in mind if Spartan Ops is a very good success.

@Asia: You are the second person to bring up Elite Ops....there is no such thing. There is only Spartan Ops, they are not going to make people pay for both Spartan Ops and Elite Ops, not only that, but making both Ops versions would cost them a lot of time and money. There is only Spartan Ops.

As stated above, it was an idea mentioned that is floating around if Spartan Ops is nicely successful. Perhaps only after a few seasons of Spartan Ops, yes, but still, it could happen.