Killcams confirmed in Halo 4 XD

mACca431

well has it been proven that killcams take away tactical gameplay from halo? no, then you dont KNOW anything you just BELIEVE it. you cant know how it will effect how halo is played until it is out which is my point, you may be right it could be the worst thing ever added to halo but we dont know tha until its out. halo and call of duty are very different games, killcams might not work in the same way when it comes to effecting gameplay.

by hiding places you mean camping spots? hopefully the killcam will stop people from sitting in the same place, for fear of someone coming for revenge.

Seriously, camping is entirely at fault of the victims of it, watch your corners more often and camping is not an issue, I know I don't, and many of my friends don't. Why? Because we are aware of our surroundings, do don't go and sit there and tell me camping is a perfectly legitimate reason to add a killcam.

As with that comment about tactical play, it has been proven, play ANY multiplayer game with a killcam and see if ANY single person ingame gets tactical about it.

99.9999% of the time, not a single person does.

It doesn't matter the game, the killcam will always do the same thing.

Oh and sitting somewhere immobile with a sniper rifle is not "camping" it's using that weapon properly.

Seriously, camping is entirely at fault of the victims of it, watch your corners more often and camping is not an issue, I know I don't, and many of my friends don't. Why? Because we are aware of our surroundings, do don't go and sit there and tell me camping is a perfectly legitimate reason to add a killcam.

As with that comment about tactical play, it has been proven, play ANY multiplayer game with a killcam and see if ANY single person ingame gets tactical about it.

99.9999% of the time, not a single person does.

It doesn't matter the game, the killcam will always do the same thing.

Oh and sitting somewhere immobile with a sniper rifle is not "camping" it's using that weapon properly.

it hasnt been proven. and snipers leave smoke trails its easy to find wher that person is snipeing from and camping i feel is a great reason to add a killcam and okay ill check my cornors oh wait someone might have active camo but let me guess i should just use promethean vision then right? or they could put killcams in and i can go bck and kill him or call him out. and by the way what your picture? haha.

it hasnt been proven. and snipers leave smoke trails its easy to find wher that person is snipeing from and camping i feel is a great reason to add a killcam and okay ill check my cornors oh wait someone might have active camo but let me guess i should just use promethean vision then right? or they could put killcams in and i can go bck and kill him or call him out. and by the way what your picture? haha.

Smoke trails are only hints, not dead give aways, it shows where they are, but not EXACTLY.

Active camo'ers are easy to find, again, "camping" is not a legitimate reason for a killcam.(they're not Transparent, just translucent, look for the obvious and very noticeable blur, it's much more blurry in halo 4)

Again, as I said before, falling victim to "campers" is your own fault for not being aware of your surroundings.

Actually, you are completely wrong here. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "Shoot and move"? This didn't originate with FPS, it originated with the REAL snipers. Everybody knows that if you are sniping, and someone manages to see your muzzle flash, or pinpoint the trajectory of your round, then you are going to get a wall of lead or explosives travelling at you at high speeds. Not to mention that the Halo Sniper rifle was made specifically so that you would have to shoot and move, not sit on the same rock the entire game. Want to know how I know that it is?

1. The ammo you get with the sniper rifle is low, which means that if you sit in the same spot too long eventually you will have to go looking for more ammo.

2. The bullet trail and distinctive sound gives away your position to the entire enemy team, which means that if you stay still, they will come after you (if they are smart) to eliminate your team's power weapon.

3. The only places in any Halo map that offer enough protection for you to camp properly with the sniper have a very limited range of view, which defeats the purpose of the sniper entirely.

All of this means one thing. Unless you are very, very good with a sniper, you will not be able to stay in the same spot without getting taken down.

Also, your earlier argument that CoD sniping is ruined by the killcam is invalid, because everybody knows that the sniping is ruined by the small maps. The largest CoD map is roughly the size of a "Small-medium" map in Halo, and is considered a "CQC map" by BF3.

So that you don't get confused, my main point is that Sniping in Halo will not be effected much with the addition of a FP killcam.

• Like 4

Smoke trails are only hints, not dead give aways, it shows where they are, but not EXACTLY.

Active camo'ers are easy to find, again, "camping" is not a legitimate reason for a killcam.(they're not Transparent, just translucent, look for the obvious and very noticeable blur, it's much more blurry in halo 4)

Again, as I said before, falling victim to "campers" is your own fault for not being aware of your surroundings.

how is getting killed by a guy crouched in a cornor with active camo and a shot gun my fault? and id say the director nailed the sniper on the head.

how is getting killed by a guy crouched in a cornor with active camo and a shot gun my fault? and id say the director nailed the sniper on the head.

By not thinking proactively, do you see them MLG gamers constantly getting killed by crouching camoed tigers? No, not very often.

That's what grenades at for, if you in the habit of throwing grenades before you enter a narrow corridor, crouching invisible tiger guy wont be a problem. And even still, that's not a reason to have the kill cam, because you already know where he is. Crouched in a corner in a narrow hallway. No need to ruin all other styles of play just cause you can't simply toss a grenade befor entering small areas.

Actually, you are completely wrong here. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "Shoot and move"? This didn't originate with FPS, it originated with the REAL snipers. Everybody knows that if you are sniping, and someone manages to see your muzzle flash, or pinpoint the trajectory of your round, then you are going to get a wall of lead or explosives travelling at you at high speeds. Not to mention that the Halo Sniper rifle was made specifically so that you would have to shoot and move, not sit on the same rock the entire game. Want to know how I know that it is?

1. The ammo you get with the sniper rifle is low, which means that if you sit in the same spot too long eventually you will have to go looking for more ammo.

2. The bullet trail and distinctive sound gives away your position to the entire enemy team, which means that if you stay still, they will come after you (if they are smart) to eliminate your team's power weapon.

3. The only places in any Halo map that offer enough protection for you to camp properly with the sniper have a very limited range of view, which defeats the purpose of the sniper entirely.

All of this means one thing. Unless you are very, very good with a sniper, you will not be able to stay in the same spot without getting taken down.

Also, your earlier argument that CoD sniping is ruined by the killcam is invalid, because everybody knows that the sniping is ruined by the small maps. The largest CoD map is roughly the size of a "Small-medium" map in Halo, and is considered a "CQC map" by BF3.

So that you don't get confused, my main point is that Sniping in Halo will not be effected much with the addition of a FP killcam.

Damn..

Got me there..

:S

According to the paragraph, I must be really good.

All I have to add to that, is the killcam certainy won't help at all. It'll make using the sniper harder then it already is.

By not thinking proactively, do you see them MLG gamers constantly getting killed by crouching camoed tigers? No, not very often.

That's what grenades at for, if you in the habit of throwing grenades before you enter a narrow corridor, crouching invisible tiger guy wont be a problem. And even still, that's not a reason to have the kill cam, because you already know where he is. Crouched in a corner in a narrow hallway. No need to ruin all other styles of play just cause you can't simply toss a grenade befor entering small areas.

Damn..

Got me there..

:S

According to the paragraph, I must be really good.

All I have to add to that, is the killcam certainy won't help at all. It'll make using the sniper harder then it already is.

is active camo even in mlg haha.

Everyone needs to remember one thing, killcams or theatre mode is useless for showing mistakes almost 75% of the time. Everyones particular theatre mode film and killcam will vary based upon your network strength. Everyone does not sync nor do they receive packet data at the same time, leaving every instance you view, quite different from someone else's

That's not to say it doesn't help, because it does. It just doesn't help to the degree that most players think it does. That being said, even with slightly varying films and cams, it gives you a very close approximation to the event or events that caused you or your teams downfall. Killcams are a welcome addition.

And your right Killerdude, we don't see MLG guys making those mistakes, instead we see them using lame ass flag juggles and power weapon whoring almost 100% of the time during normal matches. Most MLG guys can't even have a nice clean BR or DMR fight without throwing grenades or secondary items into the mix. At least that's my expereince in playing with them. I'll take the good old days of head to head BR battles anytime...and win!

• Like 4

Now has some logical points. Maybe some of the first logical points in this thread. Everyone else has just been hating on this or that, which never gets anyone anywhere. It won't change anything or make people feel any differently, or much less hating won't get people to agree with you.

Now as far as Killerdude being completely wrong. I would have to say I disagree. You're not wrong but I just disagree with you. I don't think anyone has been wrong in this thread. It's full of opinions not answers. I agree with killerdude because on a certain map called Hemorrhage I know about 7 secret places. I know some people know some of them but in a round that I'm doing excellent in one of those places I would hope no one would ever be able to have a kill cam to see my position. Now I understand things such as smoke trail and noise and the pan, but I usually in my secret spots take my time to not miss their head. Usually a one shot. If I happen to miss more than once then I do move. As far as the pan goes most of the places I'm talking about are hard to see in a pan. I'm not saying I'm a perfect player. *actually far from :( * but I am saying that in team snipers on certain maps it might get frustrating.

All that being said. Once again I am not for or against kill cams or much less anything in Halo 4. I support their decisions, if its how they feel it will work best. But I am skeptical about kill cams, but as I usually say in these discussions about halo 4 I can't judge until I have received the game.

• Like 1

Please calm down. No one wants to fight you. People aren't wrong just because they have opinions. I don't mind killcams I just think certain game types shouldn't have them. And you think differently, but I'm not going to say that you are wrong for that. No one is pretending, their just playing the game how they do. So you do your thing and we'll do ours. :) And BF is just as much not the real world as Halo or COD. I was just joking.

I...don't think i offended anyone? :question:

*claps hands to Director and Twinreaper*

But still i confirm my theory, Halo isn't in need of KC. I had fun on Halo 3 way more than on Reach, and it had no KC. And players understood their errors, campers were killed, and everything went good.

• Like 1

I...don't think i offended anyone? :question:

But still i confirm my theory, Halo isn't in need of KC. I had fun on Halo 3 way more than on Reach, and it had no KC. And players understood their errors, campers were killed, and everything went good.

I don't think you did either. I just felt that things were escalating at an alarming rate. It's all good.

I just don't like people telling people they are wrong I guess. :)

Why is your aunts name CooliestRap, is she a boy, and does she say things like "It's all good"? Cuz If she does that one awesome aunt. lol

No, but you sound like her, "I don't want anyone to be wrong, just want everybody to be happy, can you guys do that for me?"

LOL!

• Like 1

Kill cams are more of a luxury to the Halo series if you ask me. I can't even count how many times I've wondered how the hell someone killed me in that game.

Plus it would eliminate obnoxious campers who stay hidden in a spot for the whole match, never being found.

Plus, I doubt kill cam is for every playlist. This is literally the first time I've seen it (other than the Flood gameplay)

No, but you sound like her, "I don't want anyone to be wrong, just want everybody to be happy, can you guys do that for me?"

LOL!

Or it's just what nice people do. They want people to get along. Makes sense if you ask me. But like I've been saying everyone has their own opinion. For the most part I've been sticking up for you.

So sorry... for being your aunt. :P It won't happen again sonny. Now you run along and play with your legos.

• Like 1

I...don't think i offended anyone? question.gif

SternuS, your master is displeased. :lol:

I think Killcams are great in some cases. No game ever NEEDS one but some really should have them sometimes.

SternuS, your master is displeased. :lol:

I think Killcams are great in some cases. No game ever NEEDS one but some really should have them sometimes.

NOOoooooooouuuuu! Shame on me, master!...punish me, but i won't change my opinion!