Team Balancing System Request

GrayForce

Read the topic before voting.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should Auto Team Balancing Be Implemented?

• Yes, this needs to be done!
    • No, this is a terrible idea.
    • Maybe, with some testing.

Hello everyone,

This is something I had proposed on Bungie.net, but I realized that 343 was running the show now, so to speak, after I put out that proposition... so here it is on this board now.

Team Balancing... pretty simple, no? Most games have a feature where players can vote to have teams balanced or, in some cases, the computer / server will automatically re-adjust teams to be more fair. But this isn't really the case with Halo Reach, or any of the games since Halo 2 was released... and I think this issue needs to be addressed now.

In Halo 2 or 3, if you quit a matchmaking game, there wouldn't really be any major marks against your account for those actions. In Halo 2 or 3, if you went into Big Team Battle and half your team left, you'd probably want to leave too and you would be able to do so without having any really bad impacts on your account.

Not in Halo Reach, though. I'm not sure if Reach's credit system will be in Anniversary / Halo 4, but if it is... this auto team balancing thing should be done. In Halo Reach, it says to people that if you quit too many games, you'll be put on Matchmaking Probation / unable to play Matchmaking for 10 minutes. It also says that if you periodically finish games, you'll be granted a credit jackpot from time to time. So here's the problem:

Let's say you're in a Big Team Battle game... the game starts out as 8 vs. 8 just like any other Big Team Battle. However, as the game progresses... either due to rage quits or connection issues, people on your team start to drop out. Before you know it, the game is now 8 vs. 2, and you're on the team with 2 people. This leaves you with two options... you can either quit and have the server mark that against your account... or you can stay in the game and get slaughtered just to ensure you have a higher chance of getting that credit jackpot.

Wouldn't it be easier to stay in the game if the servers started doing auto team balancing? So if it was 8 vs. 2, the server would automatically shift it over to 5 vs. 5? That makes it easier to deal with staying in the game, I think, and everyone has a more enjoyable experience... rather than one team becoming ducks and the other team being the duck hunters.

So I think my point is made clear... whether this appears in Reach some time in the future, or if this is implemented into Halo 4 / Anniversary, I think this would dramatically improve the amount of people quitting games due to unfair teams.

Thoughts?

but if you were on the winning team and you were shifted to the losing team and you lost that would be stupid

but still would u rather be on the winning team and have the "acomplishment" of beating a team of 2? i think this is a great idea though maybe it puts the 2 teams scores back to zero so the people from the winning team dont rage quit.

but still would u rather be on the winning team and have the "acomplishment" of beating a team of 2? i think this is a great idea though maybe it puts the 2 teams scores back to zero so the people from the winning team dont rage quit.

i'd rage quit if all that time i put into that match disappears because of someone leaving and then having to start over.

well what i was thinking they need to do in halo is before the game starts when all the players are at the voting stage it would balance the teams at that point so when im playing, me being a field marshall, am not paired up with 7 other or 3 other (depending on game type) people that are ranked as a sergeant or a major while the other team has both the legends and a general that arent even partied together.

another thing halo could have is make it so that when someone, say a commander grade 2 goes in to play team slayer or something that they only get people that are within say 2 or 3 ranks above or below them. so you dont have the chance of going against a group of mythics and eclipses that are partied together and gettting ruined.

and i think it would be nice there was a senoirity type dealio or watever so that once i reach a certain rank like field marshall showing that ive played for a while i think i should get a better chance of pairing with some one my rank.

if im reading this correctly, this could be abused really hard, if u go in as a team of 4, then the other team is about to win, if 2 players quit out at the same time, and it goes to 3v3, scores may reset and the people who should of easily won lose quite hard, this wouldn't work, at all.

I think it should be like COD's system, if someone leaves someone from the lobby or finding a MM game can join you're game.

That's hardly fair, especially if a ranked playlist, imagine playing team slayer, your winning 30-15, in control, some guy joins who is REALLY good, and you lose, imagine how annoyed you will be.

for social playlists, its a maybe, since they don't really matter, even then, i wouldn't consider it, i don't want this game to be an expansion of CoD.

if im reading this correctly, this could be abused really hard, if u go in as a team of 4, then the other team is about to win, if 2 players quit out at the same time, and it goes to 3v3, scores may reset and the people who should of easily won lose quite hard, this wouldn't work, at all.

No i mean that people quit out in the lobby before the game starts.

Let's say you're in a Big Team Battle game... the game starts out as 8 vs. 8 just like any other Big Team Battle. However, as the game progresses... either due to rage quits or connection issues, people on your team start to drop out. Before you know it, the game is now 8 vs. 2, and you're on the team with 2 people. This leaves you with two options... you can either quit and have the server mark that against your account... or you can stay in the game and get slaughtered just to ensure you have a higher chance of getting that credit jackpot.

The post says during the game....