What kind of DLC would you like to see in Halo 4?

DarknessX03

Hey everyone, I just thought to myself a few minutes ago, and I asked myself: "I wonder what DLC Halo 4 will have. Hopefully some armor or some really good map remakes. Maybe even a new set of forge items!" Of course I was thinking way too far ahead but I thought I'd share this topic with you guys to see your opinions on it. So, what kind of DLC would you like to see in Halo 4?

Maps. And a DLC that includes all the pre-order bonuses from the Microsoft online store to amazon and the likes.

Mind you, i do not mean the LE and Console Bundle exclusives. Those shall stay exclusive forever biggrin.png

That's confirmed. :D

I'd like something new, though. Maybe some Spartan Ops DLC.

I'm not sure if it will be included within the actually game or not... but I would love a Forge DLC. How could would it be to buy a DLC that would add, lets say, a Covenant-counter part to all the items in Forge. Perhaps they could have "Flood-style" buildings with bio-matter all over the walls. Also, on the same note, wouldn't it be cool to have additional maps for varied Forge environement. Imagine how cool it would be to have maps like 'Desert" - "Snowy Mountain-top" - "Ocean - [with large waves optional]" - "Volcanic" and more. I don't know about you other Forgerss, but this would be a MASSIVE highlight for me!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it will be included within the actually game or not... but I would love a Forge DLC. How could would it be to buy a DLC that would add, lets say, a Covenant-counter part to all the items in Forge. Perhaps they could have "Flood-style" buildings with bio-matter all over the walls. Also, on the same note, wouldn't it be cool to have additional maps for varied Forge environement. Imagine how cool it would be to have maps like 'Desert" - "Snowy Mountain-top" - "Ocean - [with large waves optional]" - "Volcanic" and more. I don't know about you other Forgerss, but this would be a MASSIVE highlight for me!

I have thought of how awesome that would be for years. xD Also, being able to lighting, brightness and saturation in a specific area would be awesome too. I'm hoping that will be in Forge already, but probably not so fingers crossed on the DLC :D

No forge DLC it would turn into a THQ thing and they'd make it do you'd have tongetnDLC to even use forge properly.

The things he listed weren't really necessary to forging, just things that I'm pretty sure every forger would buy if available :P

I still don't like it, adding new forge options? No no no..

I don't want 343 to turn into another THQ and sell a shell of a game and make you buy the core features as DLC.

Even if its only an idea I thinks it's a terrible one at best, no offence.

I still don't like it, adding new forge options? No no no..

I don't want 343 to turn into another THQ and sell a shell of a game and make you buy the core features as DLC.

Even if its only an idea I thinks it's a terrible one at best, no offence.

Eh, everyone's got an opinion ^_^ I don't think it would make Halo any different, so meh. *shrug*

This is true, but even so I don't think 343 would charge too much for just some details like that.

That's beside the point, regardless how much they charge, it's wrong.

I don't want 343 splitting up the games core aspects and sell them to you as DLC, for example.

You buy Halo 5 and it comes with only campaign, remember you payed 60$ for it. You have buy forge, matchmaking, spartan ops(or any other special gamemode) sepertly for like minimum 15$ each, so like in total you payed 120$ for something that should've cost 60$.

Jeez... sorry if I caused so much anger about this. I saw the thread and just thought that I would mention something that myself and quite a few of my friends would have loved to have seen in Reach. Personnally, I wouldn't care to pay for such a DLC, since I would totally find it worth the money, but that's just me. I see what you mean, but honestly... how different would it be from a Multiplayer map pack? For those of you who bought either Noble, Defiant or Anniversary... you got the option to forge on these maps while others did not. It's not removing content from the actual game itself, it's just offering additional concepts which were conceived following the release of the game. I was just thinking that the Forge World we had seen in trailers was cool, but thought that it would be well worth my while to buy these other maps. I don't understand why it would be different from any map pack found in any other game. I didn't mean Forge-Exclusive maps - they would have competitive versions to them that could be played on matchmaking, I just thought it would be cool to have Wide-Open-Maps for forging that come with the full array of pieces with which to work with (like they started doing with Anniversarry) -- It would be ideal if you could play on these maps in Custom Games, even if you didn't have the DLC... but we can't be picky.

Anyways, my point being - I would love a DLC that would probably go for around 800 microsoft points (like most Reach DLCs) that would come with these 3 or 4 maps. It would be awesome if it could be free - but I find that that would be unlikely. I'm just saying that I know quite a few people who would be willing to buy such a DLC, simply because we would love to extend our forging experience. **Also please remember, this is purely hypothetical, I'm sorry some of you think my idea is horrible.. but I don't exactly work for 343... so I don't really have a choice in this. I was just sharing my ideas...*

Jeez... sorry if I caused so much anger about this. I saw the thread and just thought that I would mention something that myself and quite a few of my friends would have loved to have seen in Reach. Personnally, I wouldn't care to pay for such a DLC, since I would totally find it worth the money, but that's just me. I see what you mean, but honestly... how different would it be from a Multiplayer map pack? For those of you who bought either Noble, Defiant or Anniversary... you got the option to forge on these maps while others did not. It's not removing content from the actual game itself, it's just offering additional concepts which were conceived following the release of the game. I was just thinking that the Forge World we had seen in trailers was cool, but thought that it would be well worth my while to buy these other maps. I don't understand why it would be different from any map pack found in any other game. I didn't mean Forge-Exclusive maps - they would have competitive versions to them that could be played on matchmaking, I just thought it would be cool to have Wide-Open-Maps for forging that come with the full array of pieces with which to work with (like they started doing with Anniversarry) -- It would be ideal if you could play on these maps in Custom Games, even if you didn't have the DLC... but we can't be picky.

Anyways, my point being - I would love a DLC that would probably go for around 800 microsoft points (like most Reach DLCs) that would come with these 3 or 4 maps. It would be awesome if it could be free - but I find that that would be unlikely. I'm just saying that I know quite a few people who would be willing to buy such a DLC, simply because we would love to extend our forging experience. **Also please remember, this is purely hypothetical, I'm sorry some of you think my idea is horrible.. but I don't exactly work for 343... so I don't really have a choice in this. I was just sharing my ideas...*

Don't worry; I thought it was a great idea ^_^

• Like 1

(removed)

I'm not angry(although I'm an angry person), I was merely stating why i think it wouldn't be a good idea, apologies if you got the wrong message from it.

No hard feelings?

;)

Also about that map pack part, only people with the maps can play/download that map, with DLC such as yours, I could get a map that I have, but with said DLC I don't. Which would be annoying.

• Like 1

I'm not angry(although I'm an angry person), I was merely stating why i think it wouldn't be a good idea, apologies if you got the wrong message from it.

No hard feelings?

;)

Also about that map pack part, only people with the maps can play/download that map, with DLC such as yours, I could get a map that I have, but with said DLC I don't. Which would be annoying.

Yeah dude, we're cool. I guess we both just have different opinions and that;s fine, people are intitled to the freedom of making their own choices. Peace!

Yeah dude, we're cool. I guess we both just have different opinions and that;s fine, people are entitled to the freedom of making their own choices. Peace!

I think another cool DLC idea would be just more skins for weapons and armor. I'm sure that'll come around though if there are DLCs of that sort ^_^