Interesting Name

Wes Stone501

Valhalla, or Valholl, (the fallen warriors' hall), was in Norse mythology the god Odin's living place in Asgard. It was reported that the men who died in battle were able to come to Valhalla and be part of the war against the Titans. They died and was resurrected every day, and every night they had a party and ate the pig Särimner and other food

Ragnaro(ö)k ("Gods final destiny") refers in Norse mythology to a series of events, including a decisive battle, which is predicted to lead to the end of the world. This means many gods and other mythological persons dead, including Odin, Thor, Freyr, Heimdall, and Loki. in addition, a number of natural disasters, including a flood that sets the whole world under water. then gets up the world again, with the surviving gods unite. Meanwhile constitute the only surviving people, a man and a woman, the premise for a new population. Ragnarok is one of the most crucial elements of Norse mythology.

taken from wikipedia

• Like 1

Hmmm, I am a fan of Norse mythology and also noticed this right away. It's had me thinking a lot. I've been wondering if this is simply a name-change for the sake of the game, or if it has further meaning. Perhaps they will elaborate a story for the matchmaking even further. Maybe it even means something along the lines of Valhalla (Halo 3) was heaven [or easy] compared to Ragnarok (Halo 4) the end of the world [much harder]. Who knows, I may be reading into this way too much, but I'd love to hear others opinions on what this could mean.

Hmmm, I am a fan of Norse mythology and also noticed this right away. It's had me thinking a lot. I've been wondering if this is simply a name-change for the sake of the game, or if it has further meaning. Perhaps they will elaborate a story for the matchmaking even further. Maybe it even means something along the lines of Valhalla (Halo 3) was heaven [or easy] compared to Ragnarok (Halo 4) the end of the world [much harder]. Who knows, I may be reading into this way too much, but I'd love to hear others opinions on what this could mean.

It could even be saying that this is the "end" of this map being remade for a long time or at least for the trilogy.

No offense, but I think you are just reading into it too much. It was Valhalla in Halo 3, and rather than keep the same name (how often did they actually keep the same name between two games?), they renamed it Ragnarok in Halo 4, keeping with the Norse theme, but probably not really caring about the meaning of the words. I could be completely wrong, though, who knows? *shrug*