Is the Assault Rifle useful now?

Echo

The Assault Rifle was obviously one of my favorite weapons from Halo 1. It saddened me to not see it in Halo 2... and especially when I saw it in Halo 3 and it ended up sucking compared to other weapons.

Halo Reach was alright but the AR still lost more often.

From what I've been able to see, it SEEMS stronger... but does anyone know for sure?

Is the Assault Rifle beefed up now, and actually alright for me to use as a load out weapon? Or will it get over shadowed again by other rifle weapons?

While playing at CC the AR functioned a lot like the AR in Halo 3...I used it in tandem with the beatdown a lot. But really...I found myself using the Carbine or LR more often...most maps really flow for mid range (with the exception of BTB maps like Exile). The AR was good to get a feel for the maps but to each their own lol

While playing at CC the AR functioned a lot like the AR in Halo 3...I used it in tandem with the beatdown a lot. But really...I found myself using the Carbine or LR more often...most maps really flow for mid range (with the exception of BTB maps like Exile). The AR was good to get a feel for the maps but to each their own lol

I feel like I'll be using it a lot while getting used to the maps myself, but I'll always have a loadout ready with the AR in it c:<

i think as a balance stand point, now that everyone has the choice on what weapon they can use, i feel it will be stronger, because the past halos it was good, but not good enough to make me want it over a rifle, i feel at close range the AR will come out on top, and at a distance, it will not ovivously, but it all depends on your play style, if you like those long range rifle fights, then use the DMR or LR or something like that, but if you like CQC then feel free to jump around and shoot and punch stuff, thats the nice about halo you can be good at the game with any weapon, personally i got to go to the covey side and pick the Storm rifle and carbine, because anything that shoots slow, makes me angry, so yes i do believe that it is better