Your greatest game...

Robius5991

Hey 343iCF, so I thought I would start another topic thread to ask you all an important question. What was your best game on Halo: Reach? With Halo 4 rapidly approaching, I thought this would be a perfect moment to reminesce of you greatest moment in Reach. Was it a total win? Did you completely fail? Was it a "WTF just happened?" moment? I though it would just be pretty cool to see what you all have to say. Did this moment happen in a custom game? firefight? matchmaking? campaign? forge? - Please specify so that we understand the background of your "moment". If you have more than 1, feel free to mention them both... or more!

Anyways, I'll quickly get to my "moment". Although I've played Reach pretty much since it came out, I stopped playing for a while and sadly, have partially forgotten certain moments. If they come to me later, I'll add them to the thread, but here is the moment that took place today, which inspired me to make this thread.

My Amazing moment (Robius5991):

I was in an invasion lobby with three other friends on Matchmaking. We got the map "Broadcast" and, as we were about to begin, we lost two of our teammates (quitters). Quickly discussing between ourselves, we prepared a plan. Although we were outnumbered, with great team-work and perserverance, we managed to capture the first phase with still a minute to spare against tough odds. I then ran back to our spawn and picked up the Revenant, however, before I could reach the station, my friends had already taken the next objective (within less than a minute). The enemy team scrambled to gather itself, and we were still 6 v 4 in their favour. I drove my Revenant up and while our Banshee covered us, I picked up a teammate who just recovered the core, got him to jump on my vehicle, and we scored. Although we were outnumbered, we won our attacking round within, what I assume, was less than 4-5 minutes. -- The next round began and, although we fought valiantly, we found that we were overtaken and forced to fall back (although we held them off for a while). The enemy team, still with its advantage in numbers, pushed forwards to take the next post. Yet again, our teamwork prevailed and with some well-placed rockets and strategic DMR usage, we intimidated two of our adversaries to quit and then won the round by halting them before they could capture a second-phase-objective. ----- I know that this may not sound like the most impressive thing, but for us it was amazing. I hope to have that gameplay up on youtube soon so you may all see how awesome the game was.

So, that was one of my greatest Halo: Reach moments. What are yours? -- Help us celebrate the end of Reach with the story-telling of our achievements (no not those with gamerscore...)

• Like 1

Mine was in a BTB game on Boneyard. A friend and i were screwing around with the other team and we ended up getting the banshee. My friend was spotting me from above and told me to keep flying close to the enemy tank, not to kill it but to trick it into killing his own guys. So i would fly low and when my friend said flip, caus I couldn't see the tank well, i flipped. It took us about 20 tries, and I lost my first banshee, but finally, I lined myself up with an enemy warthog coming towards me. My friend said flip, so I did, and the enemy tank fired, getting a triple-betrayal on his teammates in the warthog. He got booted and my friend took the tank. We ended up winning by a landslide. I guess the other team musent have been good though lol.

Mine was in a BTB game on Boneyard. A friend and i were screwing around with the other team and we ended up getting the banshee. My friend was spotting me from above and told me to keep flying close to the enemy tank, not to kill it but to trick it into killing his own guys. So i would fly low and when my friend said flip, caus I couldn't see the tank well, i flipped. It took us about 20 tries, and I lost my first banshee, but finally, I lined myself up with an enemy warthog coming towards me. My friend said flip, so I did, and the enemy tank fired, getting a triple-betrayal on his teammates in the warthog. He got booted and my friend took the tank. We ended up winning by a landslide. I guess the other team musent have been good though lol.

Lol Pete, that sounds pretty funny. A friend tried to get me to help him with a similar strategy once, but it never worked for us... Congratz on your evil methods lol. Anyways, thanks for sharing your moment!