Garbage Dump

Beybok

Name of Map: Garbage Dump

Canvas Map: Forgeworld

Link to MAP: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/filebrowser/Details/29677175

Link to Gametype: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/filebrowser/Details/29677184

Recommended Player Count: 12

Game Variant: Objective

Gamertag: Beybok

Garbage Dump

By Minion

In the outskirts of a ruined city, where zombies ruled the land, and humans fought to survive, lied a single garbage dump. Many humans have ventured far and wide, to find a safe place to hide, and all have failed, but this garbage dump, was far away from any zombie activity, and the only road that lead there, had fallen down behind them. The humans that stayed there, were safe, and so they searched the garbage for food, and medicine. And found enough to last a long time. But they had no idea, that in the centre of this heap of garbage, a pack of bloodthirsty zombies, silently waited, for their chance to strike.

68513667.jpg

51412771.jpg

59761916.jpg

73222339.jpg

64492047.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 68513667.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Beybok, nice to see you here on the forums. I remember seeing this map on ForgeHub. I like the theme setup you have. It's rather simplistic but I think that they layout of the map would work really well as an infection map. I've seen one or two garbage-based zombies maps before, but I think this looks like the best. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback guys, but I just wanted to say that the map is crowded because I wanted to make it more scary, and add more LOS blockers for the zombies to take cover behind. It is ok that I did this though, because, the humans have shotguns, to protect themselves at close quarters. If their were no LOS blockers, it would make it so that the humans could use their pistols, and the zombies wouldn't have a chance at survival. I have put a lot of time and care into this map, so if you get the time to try it out for yourself, I definitely would.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the map, although my only problem is it seems a little repetitive. It might have been better if you biult at least one biulding to break up the clutter a little. If you did this though you could still fill the biulding with things like crates and shelves so as to limit LOS, as you said.

I did do this... The structure in the middle is a huge shelf of garbage, and you can climb through pieces of garbage on each level on it. And there may or may not be a hidden mongoose... :P

Great map, I've always liked the aesthetical looks. The fact that this map supports both big and small lobbies is also very neat, no matter how many players you have, you can still get great games going on this one. There isn't one clear stronghold present and that's a strength of this map. The more natural a stronghold, the better I like it. Great job Beybok!

Great map, I've always liked the aesthetical looks. The fact that this map supports both big and small lobbies is also very neat, no matter how many players you have, you can still get great games going on this one. There isn't one clear stronghold present and that's a strength of this map. The more natural a stronghold, the better I like it. Great job Beybok!

Thanks REMkings! It means a lot!