Black ops 2 stealing ideas from halo 4?

ive noticed that black ops 2 and halo 4 have some in multiplayer similarities like

1 promethian vision and a scope that can see through walls

2 getting medals for practically everything

3 a krazy king game mode

4 both futuristic

it seemed to me like all these changes to halo were copied that were later annouced in black ops 2.

is this right?

ive noticed that black ops 2 and halo 4 have some in multiplayer similarities like

1 promethian vision and a scope that can see through walls

2 getting medals for practically everything

3 a krazy king game mode

4 both futuristic

it seemed to me like all these changes to halo were copied that were later annouced in black ops 2.

is this right?

No, stuff like that has been in games for a long time. Especially the Tom Clancy Games, I know that Splinter Cell has had similar stuff, as well as Ghost Recon.

I can see where you're going with this, but once again I will suggest that we take a step back and analyse the situation. If we break things down, we soon realise that the things you have listed have been found in a variety of games before, and it shouldn't be considered "stealing the idea" if it is a good idea to start off with. First of all, the Promethean vision - could be compared to stuff from Splinter Cell, or even Assassin's Creed. The medal system, although not very seen in most FPS genres, Halo was not its originator (as far as I know). I'm not too certain about crazy king, but as for the futuristic aspect - I can see that there are aspects that resemble Halo, but heck, they also resemble Terminator-styled backdrops.

It's getting easy for people to claim that other games are "stealing their ideas", but if we look at it in hindsight, even if it is true, isn't that simply a compliment to the series who originated the idea, since others liked it so much they jumped on board? Anyways, I hope this was helpful. Everybody's entitled to their opinion. This is just mine.

I can see where you're going with this, but once again I will suggest that we take a step back and analyse the situation. If we break things down, we soon realise that the things you have listed have been found in a variety of games before, and it shouldn't be considered "stealing the idea" if it is a good idea to start off with. First of all, the Promethean vision - could be compared to stuff from Splinter Cell, or even Assassin's Creed. The medal system, although not very seen in most FPS genres, Halo was not its originator (as far as I know). I'm not too certain about crazy king, but as for the futuristic aspect - I can see that there are aspects that resemble Halo, but heck, they also resemble Terminator-styled backdrops.

It's getting easy for people to claim that other games are "stealing their ideas", but if we look at it in hindsight, even if it is true, isn't that simply a compliment to the series who originated the idea, since others liked it so much they jumped on board? Anyways, I hope this was helpful. Everybody's entitled to their opinion. This is just mine.

Didn't Quake or Unreal Arena actually have a medal system? Halo after all heavily based their multiplayer after Bungie's previous Marathon Series and Quake Arena.

i guess so.