Secret text/messages in the bulletin

Adam91

In yesterdays bulletin there were secret messages hidden within it over on waypoint. To find these messages you had to highlight there areas between the paragraphs. Some are data info and others are quotes from someone.

Here are those messages:

PLNB PRIORITY TRANSMISSION [CLASSIFIED]

ENCRYPTION CODE: [CLASSIFIED]

PUBLIC KEY: N/A

TO: CODENAME COALMINER

CLASSIFICATION: ELEVENTH HOUR [1/5]

SUBJECT: AFTERMATH

FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/

/START FILE/

Decades from now, when historians evaluate the war, what will they say about us? Will they claim that our victory was ultimately fruitless? That it failed to secure a lasting peace, or worse, that it was only a prelude to far greater horrors that now lay ahead?

My hope – OUR HOPE – is that history would instead view this war as a catalyst. That the last thirty years were a crucible, a threshing floor for our species, sifting out our fears and frailties. And that ultimately it made us stronger and more vigilant in the end, fully prepared for whatever will come next. After all, what good is struggle if there is no change? What good is a fire if the sword is not made stronger?

Attached are four reports accounting the major contingency structures our species currently faces in the wake of the war. Please evaluate them closely. Their outcomes will dictate how history views us, or if history even views us at all.

Xenomorphic element [2/5]

Martial element [3/5]

Provenancial element [4/5]

Primogeniture element [5/5]

As Machiavelli once said: “the Romans, foreseeing troubles, dealt with them at once, and, even to avoid a war, would not let them come to a head, for they knew that war is not to be avoided, but is only put off to the advantage of others.”

Likewise, we must deal with these issues head-on, without fear and without hesitation. We can afford no other stance.

/END FILE/

I'm thinking maybe these quotes are dialogue in the game, as for the data im not sure yet but i think some of it is in some of the books.

Here the link to the bulletin

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/10/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-101012-.aspx

Ok I did a bit of search on what codename surgeon means.

Quoting Halopedia

SURGEON was a code name adopted by an Office of Naval Intelligence operative with Section III and was a leader of Operation: HYPODERMIC in 2552. This operative's Section III Operator Number is AA2.

The earliest mention of SURGEON was in 2532, when he/she received a message concerning the SPARTAN-III program from Codename: COALMINER. The message noted that the early stages of preparation for SPARTAN-III Alpha Company were progressing satisfactorily and expressed confidence in Kurt-051's training regimen.

SURGEON was later informed by Codename: COALMINER of a potential breach of security when Cortana broke into the ONI database and discovered that the UNSC Circumference was an ONI Prowler. COALMINER then deleted the ship from the Reach database.

On December 31, 2552, Surgeon filed a report to Codename: USUAL SUSPECTS entitled "Historical/Psychological Analysis of Cole, Preston J." The extensive report outlined the life and career of Admiral Preston Jeremiah Cole and postulated that he was in fact alive and living outside UNSC-controlled space. The report was filed from the UNSC Point of No Return in synchronous orbit on the far side of Luna.

Also I was thinking about the "Xenomorphic Element" and as the word "Xenomorph" means strange form or Alien etc I was thinking maybe its referring to the flood but it cant really as its not in it. But what I did think (and I maybe thinking to far into it) is about the stranage ship that crashed on Installation 04 in the 5th terminal in Halo cea.

Because who ever was in that ship or where ever it came from must have been unknown to the forerunners becuase 343GS could not identify it. And if the forerunners did not know about it then the humans and all other most likely did not know about them.

And if you watch the terminal and while 343GS is analysing the distress call you see a series of strange symbols. Well those symbols appear in a screen shot of the halo 4 campaign.

Heres the Image, I also made a thread about it before http://www.343indust...l-5-connection/

halo_4_mission_cing_infinity_debriefing_medium.jpg

• Like 8

My theory:

Surgeon: Admiral Margaret Orlenda Parangosky

Coalminer: Senior Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez

This is not just a random hypothesis it is a fairly accurate guess that I reached upon studying each of the three classified messages, character bio, timeline status, and other background info mentioned in each message. I am not saying that this is 100% correct, but I have strong evidence that narrows down the selection choice of possible suspects leaving me with these two at the top.

I also believe that the message is speaking about the Precursor(s) "only a prelude to far greater horrors that now lay ahead?" . The supposed creators of the flood and all life.

Well if anyone has ever read "The Impossible Life and Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" from Halo: Evolutions then you'd know it's very possible for him to be alive. I believe that he still has secret ties to the UNSC but did not want to live the military lifestyle anymore and keeps in touch under the codename: COALMINER. As far as SURGEON goes I'm drawing blanks but I'd like to believe it is someone that goes under the prefix Dr. I don't believe it's Halsey. Parangosky, being the head of ONI, is a good guess because she knows everything about Section III but from Adam's research it sounds like they're a little less important than the head of ONI

I just noticed something might not be important though. The symbols that appear in that screen shot i posted and in the distress call in terminal 5, you can see some of them at the start of every terminal. When it shows like a glass window effect at the start of each terminal and right at the moment the numbers show up you can just about see some of the symbols arounds the edge of the glass window.

Those are definitely some of the symbols we see in the screen shot and the distress call.

D6MUZ.png

• Like 1

SURGEON-COALMINER:

SURGEON appears to me as a very high operative in ONI. Connections to the Spartan-III program, knowledge and probable access to the UNSC Point of No Return, knowledge of UNSC Circumference, also appears to be a superior to both UNUSUAL SUSPECTS and COALMINER. I looked into it and the only two possible suspects I found for SURGEON who fit each of these categories is Ackerson and Parangosky. (Akerson died before the war ended and the newest message sounded like it happened after the Human-Covenant war)

I'll post a link to the conversation between UNUSUAL SUSPECTS and SURGEON from a book review. (pg 251) Hopefully the link works.

As for Mendez being COALMINER I say this because there is no mention of him in the report to SURGEON regarding the Spartan-III program. The report gives Kurt's opinion in the Spartan-IIIs and not Mendez's even though they are both training them. Coalminer appeared to have close contact with Kurt and the AI Deep Winter. Coalminer also has access to a section of Reaches military known as Operation Hperdermic. Though I can also see Cole in this position which gets me thinking, I have more studying to do.

I'll also post another link to the message between COALMINER and SURGEON discussing the Spartan-IIIs.

Looking for facts that disprove my hypothesis. I have been looking heavily into this for awhile now and have changed opinions several times, but ultimately I feel as though I am narrowing down possible candidates. Not saying my hypothesis is correct, in fact I would prefer someone find a fault in this and give me a source and a new opinion so I can keep looking into this more. I feel as though I have reached a wall and can't go any further without another source.

Terminal5 /Symbols:

Symbols have appeared in numerous places. Curious if 343i has completed or is working on an entirely new language for the Forerunners. Also curious if in all the videos that they have appeared in,if they actually mean something. However, I stand by my opinion that that ship that crashed was indeed Precursor, and possibly contained flood spores(since it has happened in the past). Can someone remind me however how the flood came to installation 04?

UNUSUAL SUSPECTS->SURGEON- http://books.google....ston J.&f=false

COALMINER->SURGEON- http://halo.wikia.co...P_REG-96667_ABY

Imma keep tabs on this post, its like all of the other interesting things they just seem to add to make the story deeper. We arent really lucky though as some of these things will never be answered. I hate annoying puzzles, we can try to solve them, but we may never know.

There is a possibility that COALMINER is Cole but then how would he have knowledge of Operation Hypodermic and partial control over it if Parangosky had no idea he was alive.Shouldn't she be one of the first to know? Although less than a year after the incident of operation Hypodermic 2553, Parangosky looked into the death of Cole and the AI determined there was around 87% chance that he survived. In 2552 when COALMINER messaged SURGEON saying Cortana had discovered the Prowlers of Operation Hypodermic. How would Cole know of this if he is MIA, and even if he wasn't really MIA should Parangosky be one of the first to know? Maybe he was keeping tabs in secret and when he sent the message to Parangosky it was a total surprise. Perhaps that is the reason she decided to look into Cole's death, to confirm if it was him or an impostor. A decade is a long time to check into someones death.

This is the newest message hidden in the recent bulletin. Haven't had the chance to read it yet. Also on the bulletin there is a Forerunner symbol and a phrase "Remember to take out the Trash". If you click the symbol on the page it downloads a picture. Although the picture is blank for me and the name is "Classified". I don't know what the symbol means or if there is a way to see the classified picture.

PUBLIC KEY: N/AFROM: CODENAME SURGEON

CLASSIFICATION: ELEVENTH HOUR [2/5]

SUBJECT: OVER THE FENCE

/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/

/START FILE/

SPECIES CANDIDATE//LINE RECORD 94:73:02:75

UNGGOY// Sensors at Balaho indicate stability, no off-planet transport recorded since Solipsis. Runners are claiming that Buwan has been abandoned as well, but we’re keeping our eyes on it anyway. Moderate Unggoy populations have been observed in Sangheilian systems at various intervals.

KIG-YAR// Eayn’s native population continues to grow and expand within reasonable governing parameters; its economic and social lines have stabilized in the wake of the war. Muloqt, Kaelarot, and Valyanop, the primary interplanetary colonial sites, all remain static, with little notable movement. There are rumors of mercenaries operating alongside a handful of more conservative Sangheili states, although that has yet to be substantiated.

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

e sensors were deployed, the ships were gone. The relays can’t assess numbers or strength, but the readings we have indicate that this wasn’t an expeditionary voyage or something tied to a single state. It appears to have been much larger.

/END FILE/

This is the newest message hidden in the recent bulletin. Haven't had the chance to read it yet. Also on the bulletin there is a Forerunner symbol and a phrase "Remember to take out the Trash". If you click the symbol on the page it downloads a picture. Although the picture is blank for me and the name is "Classified". I don't know what the symbol means or if there is a way to see the classified picture.

PUBLIC KEY: N/AFROM: CODENAME SURGEON

CLASSIFICATION: ELEVENTH HOUR [2/5]

SUBJECT: OVER THE FENCE

/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/

/START FILE/

SPECIES CANDIDATE//LINE RECORD 94:73:02:75

UNGGOY// Sensors at Balaho indicate stability, no off-planet transport recorded since Solipsis. Runners are claiming that Buwan has been abandoned as well, but we’re keeping our eyes on it anyway. Moderate Unggoy populations have been observed in Sangheilian systems at various intervals.

KIG-YAR// Eayn’s native population continues to grow and expand within reasonable governing parameters; its economic and social lines have stabilized in the wake of the war. Muloqt, Kaelarot, and Valyanop, the primary interplanetary colonial sites, all remain static, with little notable movement. There are rumors of mercenaries operating alongside a handful of more conservative Sangheili states, although that has yet to be substantiated.

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

e sensors were deployed, the ships were gone. The relays can’t assess numbers or strength, but the readings we have indicate that this wasn’t an expeditionary voyage or something tied to a single state. It appears to have been much larger.

/END FILE/

To me this looks like a human analysis of the remains of the Covenant recorded by ground contacts or prowlers surveying the planets. Any chance you can bring the pictures over?

To me this looks like a human analysis of the remains of the Covenant recorded by ground contacts or prowlers surveying the planets. Any chance you can bring the pictures over?

the picture is a scrambled image, but if you use a text editor it reveals the forerunner symbol for the letter "K"

So we have C3K so far.

• Like 1