Hello!

Ender Wiggin

Thought I'd get involved with the Halo 4 community in advance, so I decided to join these forums, meet some new people and hopefully friends, and have some good chats.

For a little about me, I'm a history major currently in my first year of grad school. My first FPS was Unreal Tournament 1999, though I did play lots of games prior to that (Duck Hunt/Mario on NES, Super Mario Bros., Super Star Wars, Mega Man X, Final Fantasy 6, etc.) I'm more of a traditional FPS gamer from the earlier days. I'm casual in the traditional sense, in that I play for fun, but at the same time I try to get good at what I do play, learn all of the kinks, join a devoted clan for that game (more often than not I found my own group) and play competitively against other clans. It's all still in good fun however, and I abhor raging, belittling other players, immature behavior, etc.

I'm a fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy, having a passion for Star Wars, enjoying the Star Trek films (yeah, the blasphemy,) Lord of the Rings, anime and Final Fantasy, and novels.

Halo 1 I liked quite a bit, and remember my friends and I meeting up during the weekends after school, moving a bunch of tvs around and linking our xbox's up for some fun. Halo 2 was good too, but I didn't really enjoy the multiplayer. Halo 3 I had fun online for about a year, but I was always bothered by what I perceived as not-so-serious, colorful atmosphere to the game. I'm not talking grunts, but rather simple aspects like the colors used and what seemed to me like an almost cartoonish look to everything. Halo Reach I enjoyed immensely (though admittedly I didn't play the Multiplayer that much either because I had returned to PC FPS gaming with the Bad Company series.) I liked the new art direction and felt more like Halo 1.

Halo 4 looks like it's keeping the subtle grit of Reach while trying to capture the allure of the original Halo, all with a few new aspects unique to this new entry. Since it looks like the multiplayer is being given the competitive treatment (more so than the others it seems, though I could be wrong) I might find myself playing the multiplayer a lot more than I have previous entries.

--

In any case, look forward to meeting some people!