Who thinks the Operator should be able to repair vehicles?

Echo

Normally in Halo your vehicles health depended on the person driving. But I noticed in Reach you're much more likely to explode after being previously damaged.

I often find myself seeing a person drop off a busted ghost and run off, leaving me the option to ride. But why bother if I'll die in 2 seconds?

I think it'd make the Operator a much more useful mod since you can't always assure yourself a driver seat in a vehicle. It'd be nice to just have more use.

this actually sounds like a very interesting idea. It would provide teams a lot of support in maps with vehicles, but it may be taken advantage of. IT would cause too many issues with people hoarding vehicles, like a banshee, and being able to repair it at will.

There is a solution though. Repairing could be an armor ability, but it wouldnt allow that player to be the driver in any vehicle. players in vehicles would see icons above players who have repair abilities, similar to how an icon shows above health packs when a player in injured, and they would have to coordinate repairs

In theory it's a great idea but in practice, it may not be.

The majority of the time, vehicles are killed with the drivers inside (rockets, splasers, rabidsnipermonkeys) so you wouldn't have a real need to repair the vehicle.

It's not often you spend the whole match in a single vehicle, and considering the average match ends in 8-12 minutes, it's just as easy to grab a new vehicle instead of attempting to "babysit" a single one.

I wouldn't mind if Operator was given the ability, but I don't think I'd use it much in practice.

Yea I just thought about how hoarding would ruin it. I'm sure there's a good counter that could be implemented.

Yeah Frankie already said that if you have a warthog full of operators it will not stack. But as each dies off, the remaining will take the place of boosting the health and shields of the vehicle.