Simple! Skill or Progression?

Josh Register

Simple! Skill or Progression  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Skill or Progression

Progession because its unfair if you go up against high people.

When is life ever fair

Progession because i rather rank up. Idc if i the worst player at halo or the best. Halo is more about haveing a good time and haveing a blast with friends. Then seeing whos the best of the best

Have you ever been scared to lose your rank in halo? knowing you cant win one more game and you will lose that 49 you worked so hard to get? then you start the match youre about to lose the game and a snipe spawns you pick it up and no scoop two lvl 50's for the win. That feeling that moment is what skill based ranks are all about.
  • Like 1

Skill based ranking system cannot work in Halo 4, weapons are now level locked, many and I mean MANY people would never see the higher quality guns like LR and all that.

They are level locked based on the progression system, not the skill system. While the two systems do run hand in hand, they are still separate to a degree. From my understanding, you "rank up" similar to how you do in Reach, and that's what weapon unlocks are based off of.
  • Like 1

Truthfully i hate skill based for a couple reasons, but i would like it integrated into the progression system (more points for more skill based moves/kills).

I play well but i just broke my elbow and while it doesnt drastically damage my skills it makes me alittle less apt at the controller. (for those saying it's BS you'd be amazed how much of your arm/hand movement is linked to your elbow)

Thing is a skill system would kill the game for me since i play good most of the time but i have those moments when i cant seem to get the groove.

In the end i say progression, but with extra points in there for skill moves, basically that would hold it for lax players, and allow the skilled ones to jump up the tree quickly.

And for those who say it's unfair... go play swat, you will be evened out and skill will be the main thing in play.

Are you saying that its not enjoyable playing competitive?

Thats what it seems... it seems i worded that one wrong.... its fun to win its better to win with your team or whoever you're playing with and have fun at the same time..

I mentioned something similar in another topic but,

The whole ranking up to 50 thing (to me at least) seems like it is not based off of skill or anything... I remember seeing a video that someone (I believe it was Frank O'Connor) said that the number (Rank) will be invisible to other players, but you can see it. If that is the case, I believe everyone gets to 50 eventually depending on how much they play, just like getting symbols (Inheritor) in reach depeding on your overall e.x.p. To me that seems like everyone who was expecting for the old 1-50 ranking system like in halo 2 and halo 3 are going to be let down.

I think that if the ranking system is set up like this, it will most likely not be too difficult to get to 50, pick a specialization, get to the next 10 and then start all over for another specialization. I don't play C.O.D. but my brother does because he hated Reach, but to me this sounds very similar to prestiging in C.O.D. only you get to keep everything you unlocked from the previous 1-50/60.

I also think that what someone else said may be true, it seems that you will be able to unlock armor/skins/weapons without it interfering with your rank, just like you could in reach. I think you get to a certain amount of total e.x.p. and you unlock things.

what if they made it to were you have to get to SR 50 before you get a number rank? like that would stop like a ton of boosting and people selling accounts because it would take forever just to get to a real number rank. people wouldn't invest that much time halo to sale a lvl 50 account just to pick up 35$. plus this would make all the casual gamer happy because they would get the top with the symbol rank hero and then they could go to a ranked number matching thing that only SR heroes can go in??? IDK maybe??