SuperIntendant

14 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think?

• No just... just no...
    • Meh I can see horrible flaws
    • It could work if... [post your thought bellow]
    • Yea sounds cool... I guess.
    • Wow mind=blown. That would be great!

I had an idea yesterday and I would love some constructive criticism. How about a ranked playlist that is structured similar to the multiplayer in Starcraft 2. For those of you who have never played Starcraft the online multiplayer is divided into several leagues (Bronze, Silver, Gold, ect.) and there are placement matches to determine which league you are placed into. Of corse there are rankings inside of the leagues as well. I sugest this multiplayer system because it works extremely well in SC2 and I feel that it would be a great edition to the Halo sereis. So what do you guys think?

It could work i suppose, but i hope to GOD it isn't like Arena. There are better ranking systems imo.

Yea I don't like Arena either. I think what really works about SC2s multiplayer is how simple it is. But that is in part due to the game being on the computer so you can access more information and stats easier. I suppose on a console it would have to work by after every game you play you have an info screen pop up that is designed a bit like this:

----------------------

Your Bronze League standings:

Your rank: 117

Your rank has changed: +3

Days reamaning in season: 5

----------------------

Then you would have additional details online.

An interesting idea. I recently started playing SC2 and really do love the matching system but I think there could be problems with putting a system like this in place on a console and would most likely require dedicated servers (which would be awesome). I'm sure if you thought about this more it could be an idea that I'd really love to see working.

I dont know, it would give the nerdies even more ways to tease the casuals and bad with **** like: OMG your not even good if you are not in the gold layer!

Yea that would be a pretty large problem

Since I don't mean for the entire multiplayer system to be structured like this that might not happen as much because most of the casual gamers would just go off and play some team slayer. The problem would still exist but it wouldn't happen as often.

The main point of this type of system would be to rank the more hardcore and competitive gamers against each other in a more obvious and fair way. It would also hopefully eliminate games where teams are very mismatched in terms of skill level. For example, I normally try to play on the MLG playlist and I get matched against players who have a rank of Nobel or Hero while I am just a Warrant Officer Grade 3, and I get beaten badly. In theory under this ranking system they would be in lets say the Platinum league while I would be in Bronze or Silver.

why not use something similiar to the BPR rating in the waypoint app. that goes up and down, with everything you do ingame, including betrayals, wins, losses, kills, deaths, assists etc etc

I don't use waypoint that much so I am not familier with that system. I will be sure to check it out though as it sounds pretty good.

Yes! This would solve the problem of just getting matched whith a bunch of n00bs, or getting ponned because the other team is FEAKIN AMAZING! I don't think it should saY publicly what division you're in though. Or give an option to share your division or skill level. This way, trolls or just bad people won't just pm every lower rank kid and make fun of him.

Yes! This would solve the problem of just getting matched whith a bunch of n00bs, or getting ponned because the other team is FEAKIN AMAZING! I don't think it should saY publicly what division you're in though. Or give an option to share your division or skill level. This way, trolls or just bad people won't just pm every lower rank kid and make fun of him.