Where does Chief go from here? (Spoilers)

Baconshakin

I don't think Halo 4 was out to tell a great story right from the get go. It felt like mostly an introduction to the next trilogy and I think it accomplished its job very well.

And I think what they're trying to do here is turn the tables. Cortana seems more human then MC, yet MC seems to be robotic and distant. Most of the conversations in the campaign Chief expresses great concern for Cortana yet when everyones zapped by the Forerunner death ray on the space station, Cortana expresses concern at all the lives lost and Chief doesn't even miss a step or mention it.

With Cortana gone (for now?) and with the promise of the next Halo being darker I'm really interested in how they will continue with the Chief. One thing I'd LOVE to see more of is Chief and UNSC insubordination (I loved the whole moment when he refused to give away Cortanas chip). Him being more psychotic in achieving his goals (this topic was also mentioned during the Halsey interview at the start of the game), disobeying orders and eventually not listening to reason, causing the Chief to ultimately fail at his duty to protect humanity.

And Cortana would be the key to bring him back. It'd be awesome if there were some hints thrown out, or just a whisper of her voice here and there in the next game and finally see her again in 6 or at the end of 5.

Well one can hope and speculate but I got really high hopes for 5 especially after playing through this one I'm curious if they are going to flesh out MC some more. We've seen him deal with insurmountable odds and being tested physically to the max but what about mentally? What exactly does the loss of Cortana do to the Chief?

I really do hope Cortana comes back. I think it'd be good if she wasn't in 5 and not back until the end of 6. You can then start to feel that gap that MC would be feeling, that emptiness of knowing she isn't there to guide you or anything. And then, after he has saved the galaxy from total destruction, the Precursors return, who have been watching over him all this time, and for his "reward" Cortana returns as a human, and they live happily ever after :D