Too many grenades?!

CaptainMarksie

Im finding more and more that almost every engagement in infinity slayer goes the same way. Each player throws a grenade at each others feet then the shoot out begins. Even if its 3v1 all 3 players will throw nades at the 1 guys feet. Don't get me wrong, i think you should be rewarded for a well placed nade, but when each player starts with 2 nades then it gets a bit silly. I feel like it is slowing down the game. All that happens is that each player throws the nade in anticipation of the guy coming around the corner (which is fine) but they have a second nade incase the guy doesnt come around so they throw another one. So before a fight can happen 2 nades get thrown which slows down the pace of the game massively.

Another issue is since all players start with two, it means a team of 4 can hold hands and throw 8 grenades while the other time has to play footsies and try and avoid these nades before engaging.

All i am proposing is that the starting amount of nades is reduced to 1. That way you have 1 chance to land a good grenade each life (unless you have the nade pickup package), so it should stop all the nade spamming i see every game.

TL;DR:

I would rather see gun fights than nade fights

Another issue is since all players start with two, it means a team of 4 can hold hands and throw 8 grenades while the other time has to play footsies and try and avoid these nades before engaging.

i am maybe correcting you but.... if a team of 4 players all have the taktical pakage granadier there will be max of 12-16 granades (depending if you have 3 or 4 granades)

Reach had this problem...

I haven't really played the game enough yet to see this Grenade problem. I just hope It's not as bad as Reach's.

I've got the problem with too many people sitting at the back of the map with DMR's, what happened to fighting for power weapons? Not getting them dropped infront of you.

You must have never played any Halo games to be complaining about this. The grenade usage is a thousand times less in Halo 4 than it has been in all the others, except for CE. Since Halo 2, the primary strategy for close-mid range fights has always been to drop grenades and just get the headshot. It's really what Halo is all about. I don't find it much of a problem because the grenades are much less accurate than the ones from H3, much less powerful than the ones from H2 (even with the explosives perk), and you could always just use a myriad of armor abilities or perks to avoid the problem altogether, like: regen field behind cover to waste their grenades as you keep health, thruster pack to dodge grenades at your feet, explosives perk to decrease damage received, jet pack to hover over the blast, or you could even time a sprint around a corner to get in their face and run past the grenade. Overall I'm finding grenades to be about as useful as they were in CE, which is quite bad considering how dominant they were in all the others.