Forge maps.

IvagoMan39

I am honestly dissapointed in the forge maps for Halo 4.

When I first saw clips and pictures of them, they looked great. But when I played on them, I was dissapointed. First off, I thought Ravine would be a map I would like because it had a resemblance to the Forge World environment from Halo reach. While it does look similar at first, it's not even close. The size of the map is tiny. If 343 expects anyone to be able to build decent maps on it, I don't know what they're thinking. The kill boundaries and cliffs contain you in one small area.

Impact is really the only map I can see myself using, I really have no problems with it. Erosion is okay-sized. The idea of the underground cave area is very cool, but one big thing that bothers me is there is so much space over the green water(which yes, is good for building maps in the air), but you can't go near the water at all. I had some great ideas for maps on the water, but the boundaries are too restrictive.

Overall, I think in an upcoming map pack 343 should include a map much like Forge World from Reach. It was very open, had many areas and different surfaces to build from, didn't restrict you from certain areas(besides the ocean when you got far out enough), and was just a great map. I must say 343 has added many cool features to Forge and I give them credit for that, but there should be a bigger map for it similar to Forge World in my opinion.

P.S. I also think they should add back UNSC air vehicles such as Falcons/Hornets, and a mid-size Covenant vehicle such as the Revenant. Sometimes the Ghost is too small for certain battles or the Wraith is too big and bulky. The Revenant was right in-between.