Starting Weapon Balance

Kr4zN

My post is intended to address the balance of the starting weapons in loadouts not considering the tweaks needed to he JIP and ordinance systems.

As it stands now, the DMR is plain and simple OP. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the hit scan properties of any of the guns.

I think we should have the DMR as a non hit scan weapon and make the BR hit scan. One heavy round will be slower than three small rounds. Along with that the DMRs rate of fire is a bit fast IMO. I think this could help even out the DMR/BR ordeal.

The carbine is severely outclassed. Possibly a small damage boost?

As for the light rifle, it makes no sense to me why it isn't hit scan. It is an advanced forerunner weapons that fires condensed beams of LIGHT. Should be 100% hitscan considering its low rate of fire.

Lastly I think the storm rifle could use an effective range boost to make it more useable.

Let me know your thoughts

i think any changes should be very small as in a game like this a seemingly simple change can catapault a weapon into OP or UP territory.

for instance DMR having a slight bloom resulting in innacurate spammed shots would do wonders.

This.

I can sit here and complain all day about the DMR, but a slight reduction in its range capabilities or a slight reduction in damage would do a lot. Personally, I hate the loadout system, but I doubt it's going to change. It removes the challenge of objective games on certain maps, and large maps in general are obnoxiously boring, due to the range fest they become.

I personally think the game is fine as is. The AR got a significant buff from Halo: Reach, and to counter the slightly increased accuracy of the DMR, it also has a somewhat slower rate of fire.

After the number of times DICE patched the weapons in Battlefield 3, absolutely breaking the mortar tube in the process, I do not want to see 343 do the same thing to Halo 4.