My take so far

SSFrog

Overall pretty fun, but I've got a few issues I need to get off my chest.

Menu design: Where am I? What can I do from here? Why is the information moving so fast? I knew ever since I played Halo 4 beta at a convention that the UI was confusing as heck, I don't even know how to describe it, but its just confusing, no grace and easiness like the other Halo games.

Post-game: Why not give the player more then 3 seconds to back out of a party after a game? I'm looking at my results as they load and back out a very short moment afterward. To my surprise I see the level selection screen. So there's no courtesy of giving the players some time to back in case they don't want to play another game?

Abilities: I thought the dash-boost was awesome when I used it in Flood mode, to my super surprise, it sucks in regular matches. So slow, and from the time the animation starts and stops with the boost, you might as well have sprinted right? Make it even at least half as long as the Flood-mode one and it'll be good. The Turret is cool, but a tiny bit under-powered in my opinion, and it sucks that it gets destroyed as soon as you do. Not even 2 seconds more for it to live before it dies?

MP Levels: The names seem a bit vague, as are the represented photos, I wouldn't mind a nice wide shot so I can remember what the level looks like instead of a partially-blurred-solar-flared medium shot. Other then Ragnarok and perhaps complex, I haven't come across too many (imho) good MP levels :/

Weapons: Other then me not being able to figure out the sticky detonator (I prefer the grenade launcher), everything seems pretty good honestly!

HUD: Pretty good at giving me important information, EXCEPT... who killed me? It blinks for a split-second then goes away. I would truly like to know who made me die, just leave it on the screen for like 5 seconds, PLEASE.

Lastly, Armor: The armor designs are for the most part cheesy :/ Master Chief had a unique image (being a Spartan), but these new designs (going back to Halo Reach, and even Halo 3 a tiny bit), are not what the series is about. I think its a misrepresentation of the series and the image of the game. The series distinguished itself with the Chief design, but not all the horrible (mostly) designs just scream "future generic space shooter!". I just leave my guy as-is until I can change him to chief image.

Remember, this is just stuff I didn't like, there's a bunch more that I do and I could make a big list. But its the bad stuff I wanted to point out. Been a player since the original game when I started back in December 2001. Any have any thoughts or similar experience to what I stated above?

I agree most with the Armor Designs. I think most of them are seven shades of horrible. Most are either too big and blocky, or simply too outlandish for me to take seriously as legitimate armor. It's really depressing, because it's such a complete flip from Halo: Reach, where I liked most of the designs even though I had my personal favorites.

It seems like in this game, my choices of armor are going to be decided by which pieces I hate the least. :'(

One more thing I forgot to mention, and to me its a biggie.

Once you die and your weapons drop, they disappear WAY too fast, I went to theater and counted once, 5 seconds! And poof gone.

Why can't fallen weapons stay there for a minute or two at least? I mean, say you just get a rocket launcher or sniper or whatever, as soon as you die you're pretty much guaranteed not to get it back again.

I figured this would have be resolved with Halo 4, something that plagued me with Reach.

Overall pretty fun, but I've got a few issues I need to get off my chest.

Menu design: Where am I? What can I do from here? Why is the information moving so fast? I knew ever since I played Halo 4 beta at a convention that the UI was confusing as heck, I don't even know how to describe it, but its just confusing, no grace and easiness like the other Halo games.

Post-game: Why not give the player more then 3 seconds to back out of a party after a game? I'm looking at my results as they load and back out a very short moment afterward. To my surprise I see the level selection screen. So there's no courtesy of giving the players some time to back in case they don't want to play another game?

Abilities: I thought the dash-boost was awesome when I used it in Flood mode, to my super surprise, it sucks in regular matches. So slow, and from the time the animation starts and stops with the boost, you might as well have sprinted right? Make it even at least half as long as the Flood-mode one and it'll be good. The Turret is cool, but a tiny bit under-powered in my opinion, and it sucks that it gets destroyed as soon as you do. Not even 2 seconds more for it to live before it dies?

MP Levels: The names seem a bit vague, as are the represented photos, I wouldn't mind a nice wide shot so I can remember what the level looks like instead of a partially-blurred-solar-flared medium shot. Other then Ragnarok and perhaps complex, I haven't come across too many (imho) good MP levels :/

Weapons: Other then me not being able to figure out the sticky detonator (I prefer the grenade launcher), everything seems pretty good honestly!

HUD: Pretty good at giving me important information, EXCEPT... who killed me? It blinks for a split-second then goes away. I would truly like to know who made me die, just leave it on the screen for like 5 seconds, PLEASE.

Lastly, Armor: The armor designs are for the most part cheesy :/ Master Chief had a unique image (being a Spartan), but these new designs (going back to Halo Reach, and even Halo 3 a tiny bit), are not what the series is about. I think its a misrepresentation of the series and the image of the game. The series distinguished itself with the Chief design, but not all the horrible (mostly) designs just scream "future generic space shooter!". I just leave my guy as-is until I can change him to chief image.

Remember, this is just stuff I didn't like, there's a bunch more that I do and I could make a big list. But its the bad stuff I wanted to point out. Been a player since the original game when I started back in December 2001. Any have any thoughts or similar experience to what I stated above?

Mostly agreed. I am using the default helmet atm as all the helmets I have unlocked thus far just do not tickle my fancy. Also I too preferred the grenade launcher, as it actually took some skill. This sticky detonator is too easy to use. Shoot at floor in doorway/hall/anywhere there is traffic. Hit the trigger again as somebody runs over it. Profit. Dont bother actually trying to stick a player with it as it is unnecessary.

Another bug/glitch I found. In oddball, I'll have searched for a match and I'll be put in one where a team needs their player levels back up. I didn't even have time to spawn before the game was over. Like really? I go to search again and the exact same thing happened! Isn't it set to not accept new players if one team should be within 15% of winning the game or something?!

Needless to say I just stayed with that party to avoid the issues again.