Remove Ragnarok please

Adam Taylor

So false. So ridiculously false. Ragnarok/Valhalla/Blood Gulch are easily some of the best maps in the game. Yes, Zanzibar and Hang 'em High are very good as well. But in Halo 4, Ragnarok is easily one of the best.

If you are complaining about camping, stop playing first person shooters. It's part of the game. Some people run around, others camp. Deal with it. It's been like that since Halo 2.

If you think it's a bad vehicle map - you either suck at using them, or suck at taking them down. There is no in-between, and there is no blaming the map for your inability to play.

Seriously, I've had it with these nubs complaining about the stupidest things for EVERY new Halo game that comes out. You don't like it? GTFO and go play Viva Pinata, or whatever is popular these days. Complaining about ignorant stuff like this only makes you look even more ignorant, and even worse of a Halo player.

EDIT: No, I didn't join to post this. I've been a member for a while, just reading, not posting. Still use Bungie.

• Like 1

So false. So ridiculously false. Ragnarok/Valhalla/Blood Gulch are easily some of the best maps in the game. Yes, Zanzibar and Hang 'em High are very good as well. But in Halo 4, Ragnarok is easily one of the best.

If you are complaining about camping, stop playing first person shooters. It's part of the game. Some people run around, others camp. Deal with it. It's been like that since Halo 2.

If you think it's a bad vehicle map - you either suck at using them, or suck at taking them down. There is no in-between, and there is no blaming the map for your inability to play.

Seriously, I've had it with these nubs complaining about the stupidest things for EVERY new Halo game that comes out. You don't like it? GTFO and go play Viva Pinata, or whatever is popular these days. Complaining about ignorant stuff like this only makes you look even more ignorant, and even worse of a Halo player.

EDIT: No, I didn't join to post this. I've been a member for a while, just reading, not posting. Still use Bungie.

You also forget there are those of us who think that vehicles ruin the game. There are those of us who think that people who like to use vehicles are just really bad at this game, and shouldn't be playing. There are those of us who think Ragnarok is the ********* of **** maps that launched with Halo 4, and anyone who likes to play on it is bad.

You also forget there are those of us who think that vehicles ruin the game. There are those of us who think that people who like to use vehicles are just really bad at this game, and shouldn't be playing. There are those of us who think Ragnarok is the ********* of **** maps that launched with Halo 4, and anyone who likes to play on it is bad.

Then you are just as guilty as the complainers. You DO realize vehicles have been a part of match making since Halo 2, correct? And, that vehicles have been part of the entire Halo series, Campaign, multiplayer, etc?

YOU are forgetting that there are other playlists besides BTB and CTF. You don't like vehicles, go play Flood.

Don't think for a second that you're special, or extra good at this game, simply because you hate/don't use vehicles.

Anyone that plays on it is bad? Are you freaking kidding me? Dude, go up against any good Halo team on any map, and they will destroy you, vehicle or not. Don't be so naive and cocky.

Simply put: Ragnarok is a fantastic map, if you don't like it, don't play those game types. Remember that you are a fraction of a minority of people that think that way.

Ok I understand you want to take some stuff from older Halo games but Please remove Ragnarok. Its the worst map of all time and gets played by campers and team killers when they dont get the sniper rifle or vehicle they want.

You're a troll. Blood Gulch/Coagulation/etc (I don't understand why they change the name, it's cute but unnecessary) is one of the undisputed most balanced maps floating around in gaming history right up there with Dust 2. If you're not trolling, you need to learn to play. The Mantis may have caused some upset; but in general it's no more an issue than the entire rest of the game- also, it counters the banshee nicely. Also, if you're getting killed by the Mantis you're dumb. I've EMP'ed it from halfway across the map a dozen times.

Halo is, always has been, and always will be a vehicle game. What rock are you living under that makes you think this is a serious competitive game; what with it being played with analog sticks that magically magnet-stick to other player's heads? If you want that type of game there's one defacto standard, it's called Counter Strike- but you couldn't cut the mustard in that franchise anyway. You'd be the guy not checking corners and then bitching about "campers" who were probably not even camping but using stop and go tactics.

Anyone that plays on it is bad? Are you freaking kidding me? Dude, go up against any good Halo team on any map, and they will destroy you, vehicle or not. Don't be so naive and cocky.

I've owned an Xbox for a whole of three days and I'll **** right on his face just because pc master race gives you intuition like nothing else can, there isn't enough variety on the console for people who only play Halo/CoD/whatever to think really out of the box.

For example, the number of you people not taking the ghost makes me laugh every time. I mean really, I'll watch 4 guys run past the ghost on Blood Gulch. What hole did these kids crawl out of? So i take the ghost, drive right through their team and float around out of sight for a bit only to come screaming out right as they start shooting at somebody- and it never fails 3/4 of the time every single player is facing away from me (even though a ghost just screamed right past them like four feet away) and half of them get splatted. Hell, I've been splatting guys at point blank range indoors Someone needs to send theses people an Xbox and Halo CE so they can see what the game is about.

originally, the vehicles were invincible. Remember that part?

• Like 1

Ok never expected to get this sort of reponse. This is my opinion about a map, think some of you need to learn what that means before slagging people off. I am no noob I have been playing Halo from the start and can hold my own on any map. I just think this map is now dated. I buy a new Halo game for new things not a unbalanced rehash of an old map. If I wanted to play on it I would still play Halo 3. I choose to avoid Big team battle as this is the only map that ever gets selected as single minded people can't or don't want to play anything else. It seems most of the people commenting on this like the map and thats fine if you do but don't go slagging opinions.

Seconded. It will be good for big team capture the flag... when they finally realise it should have been in from launch but for slayer and king of the hill it is the most abysmal DMR/BR camping fest I have ever encountered.

You'd think it would be fun for vehicles but since the DMR and BR seem to fire bloody tank shells anything not currently situated behind three feet of rock is reduced to so much scrap metal instantly...

The only thing unbalanced about the map is only 1 laser spawning. Outside of that, it is 100% symmetrical. Should be 2 lasers spawning or none.

There was always a single laser spawn, and it's to encourage control of the middle. This is more or less irrelevant due to ordinance making it absurdly easy to obtain power weapons.

The only thing I think needs rebalanced is the number of vehicles for the smaller gametypes. CTF you literally have more vehicles then players.

I've liked the map and all of it's previous incarnations. My favorite H3 map by far was Avalance though!