Low Res Textures in-game

Michael V. Moen

I've played the Campaign through once and I'm on my second and I've noticed something that seems to stare back at you in the face. On top of these gorgeous settings and wonderfully done environment textures, are these quite low resolution textures, mostly seen on the Covenent Cruisers and Phantoms. Why is this? I mean in the first level, a Covenent Cruiser is the centerpoint of the entire skybox when you're trying to launch the missile, and it's so Low res. I would think it would have been more detailed since it's supposed to be drawing the player's attention. And whenever you encounter a Phantom its the same thing. Below is an image of an example.

480862_514694668541115_634121423_n.jpg

I couldn't find any articles neither through Google or even in these forums about this. I'm not really complaining at all, I'm just confused how a game launched in 2012 would have these low res textures. Is this the case for everyone or am I just missing some hidden graphics option to turn the resolution up?