My thoughts on Halo 4 (spoilers)

xEncrypted

We've all at this stage played the game, and its a pretty good and polished product. Firstly the game's campaign is breathtaking, in many ways its reminiscent of past Halo campaigns. The campaign throws you into familiar shoes, It's brilliant. There was one thing, length, I took it very slow when I played it, even so, I was finished by Saturday, which is good, but didn't exactly meet my expectations of a Halo campaign, but still, even though it was short, it was the best

Halo campaign, it lacked a familiar tune like the first trilogy had, but I found it a superior campaign in terms of story, gameplay and voice acting. Sadly I can't say the same about Spartan Ops and War Games, now don't get me wrong, but both of them are amazing, but they have some major flaws that I feel need ironing out sooner rather than later, the biggest problem is the lack of variety in gamemodes, its all BRs vs DMRs (with the exception of Flood). I feel there needed to be a bit more variety in weapons, having three marksman weapons is a bit much, sure you can work with plenty of themes, but each of them when in the right hands can do serious damage to enemies, that's just one big problem, another problem is the maps, I've played Haven about 50 times.. then you have such limited selection, there needs to be 50% community creation and 50% developer creation, I know its one week after release but there are three unused maps that 343 made with Forge that are pretty good. They should be used, the last thing for War Games is the weapon spawning, weapons don't respawn, and random ordnance isnt frequent enough. If a team gets power weapons then the only way to win is use power weapons against them, but since weapons don't respawn then its impossible to win. Now, Spartan Ops, its just.. an hour of my time a week is sorta short, apart from that, everything is good, thoughts?

I agree with all of this. I thought spartan ops would be more than rehashed campaign. Especially from episode 1 to revisit the same places in episode 2 is kinda weak. I'd have rather played firefight or something.

Oh! But on a positive note they did get being able to choose your playlist right. Instead of having to vote between oddball king of the hill or capture the flag.