No bloom and pre timed shots.

AspeK is iLL

No bloom and pre timed shots.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see no bloom and have pre timed shots similar to the BR?

After watching the damnation game play I saw there was no bloom, which i was extremely happy to see. The thing that could make this better than it already is, is to put pre timed shots similar to the BR. This will prevent extremely fast deaths from team shot and will allow for better mid to long range DMR fights.

After watching the damnation game play I saw there was no bloom, which i was extremely happy to see. The thing that could make this better than it already is, is to put pre timed shots similar to the BR. This will prevent extremely fast deaths from team shot and will allow for better mid to long range DMR fights.

You quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There is no such feature as "pre-timed" shots. The Battle Rifle is a weapon with 3 projectiles that release upon firing. It is a common tag block in the [weap] for number of projectiles. Also last time I checked, the starting and ending velocity for the BR projectile is 1200. Keep in mind that all three released projectiles must hit the target to achieve the maximum damage per round (yes all 3 bullets count as a round) it releases. The bloom effect is a just a visual addition to the hud. With or without bloom, each weapon still suffers from a good accurate firing rate when spamming. The reason you see no bloom on some Covie weapons, is because by default the weapon tag is set to fire accross multiple markers to achieve a random discharge effect. In which case makes the bloom HUD add-on effect useless.

The only weapon in Halo history that never gave it's user a clear radius of the firing pattern via the "bloom" or reticule radius.... was the Pistol from halo 1. When spamming it, the shots tend to land outside the radius of the reticule.

You quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There is no such feature as "pre-timed" shots. The Battle Rifle is a weapon with 3 projectiles that release upon firing. It is a common tag block in the [weap] for number of projectiles. Also last time I checked, the starting and ending velocity for the BR projectile is 1200. Keep in mind that all three released projectiles must hit the target to achieve the maximum damage per round (yes all 3 bullets count as a round) it releases. The bloom effect is a just a visual addition to the hud. With or without bloom, each weapon still suffers from a good accurate firing rate when spamming. The reason you see no bloom on some Covie weapons, is because by default the weapon tag is set to fire accross multiple markers to achieve a random discharge effect. In which case makes the bloom HUD add-on effect useless.

The only weapon in Halo history that never gave it's user a clear radius of the firing pattern via the "bloom" or reticule radius.... was the Pistol from halo 1. When spamming it, the shots tend to land outside the radius of the reticule.

Obviously. All i am saying is that it would be similar.....

This guy is a smart guy. I approve.

• 3 weeks later...

i think he means that when you shoot the battle rifle, you have to lead when shooting over distances.