Laggy servers

FadedAngelzzz

Hi, the servers on Halo 4 are unbearably slow and laggy. I can't ever get kills in Spartan Ops because I'm skipping around. Also I really want Vanguard Armour and the Commendations are very high and with all this lag as an issue I think if it was fixed then the world of Halo 4 would make a turn for the better. Thank you for listening please patch the lag and maybe lower the Commendations.

This idea is mint and is something SETI has been doing for years for additional computing power.

And MS can do it cheaply too, all they need is a setting on the Xbox 360 that will allow it to go into a dedicated server mode when it is powered down (like the background downloads setting). These dedicated hosts would be used by matchmaking just like a normal console, but would only be used to host games. All current hosting methodology would still exist, so client hosting would still occur. Host ratings would still be used and even host migration would still occur (someone might turn on their console while its hosting). Its really the same system that exists now, but with a pool of dedicated servers, so overall the network quality of games would vastly improve.

True, they've already stated that the algorithim blatantly favors some connections over others .... of course they won't tell us what the **** those connections are so maybe we could adjust things on the client end nooooooo, that would be too easy and make too much sense.

The lag is getting really bad and I know its not my connection they need to fix it as well as all the other bugs in the game!

I was on Waypoint the other day and in one of the posts it states that their new and improved algorithim decidedly favors some connections over others ..... of course it wouldn't say which ******* ones it favors ..... nooooooo ..... that would be too dang easy.