No Point to play without a RANKING SYSTEM

Xvudux

I didn't read every comment after the OP. But here's my input. Halo doesn't NEED a rank to play it. Back when Halo CE came out, there was no ranking system, but I logged hours, no days on that game. The ranking system does make things more interesting.

I think people forget what made Halo great. It wasn't the ranking system that was added to Halo 2. It was the gameplay, the hours of entertainment that was provided.

That's just how I see it. My thoughts on it all. Figured I'd give my 2 cents on the matter..

sadly the issue with that is Most people like myself don't want to play a game where your rewarded for doing bad and losing i want a incentive to win And thats one big reason the game has took a Big Drop in the online activity. But i mean why do you think it shouldn't be in here Halo 3 was Nice why do you not alteast want to attempt to make it fair you can go play your social and we play are ranked why does it all have to be Social lets award you for losing or being bad.

Whatever happened to enjoying a VIDEO GAME? Why does everything have to be some MLG pile of crap to be enjoyed? Try making friends and playing with them. The stuff that happens during the game is always more fun than finding out who won.

because times have changed. Playing a game for fun is hard to find now days. There are video games out there that are fun to play and that are competetive halo is one of those. and besides no reason for you to cry you have your social infintity luck based game type. we would have the skill type ranking system .No problem you can pick what to play you know?

• Like 1

Halo defined competitive for years. For you to progress in any lists, social, ranked, or MLG, you HAD TO WIN. All the kids that went to the MLG events understood that there were good gamers in all the other games. If you wanted to see the Great gamers, watch the Halo MLG. Everything came up way short on that end until Reach and now H4.

I have to say that I believe that H4 feels a lot like COD myself and I don't care what anyone else says, I've played them both quite a lot thank you and I'm more than qualified to say how I feel about the game. Posts saying I don't know what I'm talking about or anything along those lines will simply be ignored as silly and refusing to accept how another player feels.

I'll stick to my guns on my original post in this topic. There is plenty of room for both sides of the coin for this game. Social if you wanna goof off. Ranked if you get more serious. MLG if you want to go insane competitive. None of this is even debatable

What seems to be the "actual" argument is who's outlook on gaming is right? Simple answer, all of them. OK, whose desires should 343 cater to 1st? Here's where it gets difficult. 343 released a 1/2 baked game at best. There was an outcry for the duration of Reach about not having the social and ranked lists separated and don't even get me started on Arena. After 343 got hold of it for good they wrecked 3 totally symmetrical and balanced maps in the arena list alone .... idiots. Hidden skill system, pshhhh, what a joke. This is an issue that should be NON EXISTENT!! The game should have been released with separate formats and EVERY PERSON HERE knows it.

There are times when I want to run social, care free gaming. There are times when I want to be a little more hardcore, ranked. There are times when I'm not missing a shot, my nade timing is picture friggin perfect, and every time I fire the sniper it's a blainer. That's when I'm ready to put on my big boy pants and run some MLG .... generally only to get smacked back to my senses and go back to ranked lol. The thing is, that's been the core of Halo until 343 was in the wind to take over. Bungie actually listened to the players, catered to them and guess what, hella following STILL in H2 and H3. Not so much in 3 though because the servers have been blatantly disregarded and they don't have anything set up on STEAM for H3 otherwise the player population would be down to about 30k players all lists combined on H4.

Here's the way it is. Currently, competitive and casual, and insanely competitive players are all forced to play together. This is 100% 343's fault. I don't want to hear anything about "it's their 1st game" and all that garbage. The simple facts are they had enough time to do it right, they had the staff to do it right *several from the original CE release*, they knew what the player's wanted, and they CHOSE to ignore it.

The time to implement these changes would be oh, let's call it 30 minutes .... tops. Frankly, it would take more time to fix their broken *** MM maps and spawns. Why aren't they doing it? Heck if I know.

• Like 2

sadly the issue with that is Most people like myself don't want to play a game where your rewarded for doing bad and losing i want a incentive to win And thats one big reason the game has took a Big Drop in the online activity. But i mean why do you think it shouldn't be in here Halo 3 was Nice why do you not alteast want to attempt to make it fair you can go play your social and we play are ranked why does it all have to be Social lets award you for losing or being bad.

because times have changed. Playing a game for fun is hard to find now days. There are video games out there that are fun to play and that are competetive halo is one of those. and besides no reason for you to cry you have your social infintity luck based game type we would have the skill type No problem you can pick what to play you know? right?

I literally have no idea what you just said.

Halo defined competitive for years. For you to progress in any lists, social, ranked, or MLG, you HAD TO WIN. All the kids that went to the MLG events understood that there were good gamers in all the other games. If you wanted to see the Great gamers, watch the Halo MLG. Everything came up way short on that end until Reach and now H4.

I have to say that I believe that H4 feels a lot like COD myself and I don't care what anyone else says, I've played them both quite a lot thank you and I'm more than qualified to say how I feel about the game. Posts saying I don't know what I'm talking about or anything along those lines will simply be ignored as silly and refusing to accept how another player feels.

I'll stick to my guns on my original post in this topic. There is plenty of room for both sides of the coin for this game. Social if you wanna goof off. Ranked if you get more serious. MLG if you want to go insane competitive. None of this is even debatable

What seems to be the "actual" argument is who's outlook on gaming is right? Simple answer, all of them. OK, whose desires should 343 cater to 1st? Here's where it gets difficult. 343 released a 1/2 baked game at best. There was an outcry for the duration of Reach about not having the social and ranked lists separated and don't even get me started on Arena. After 343 got hold of it for good they wrecked 3 totally symmetrical and balanced maps in the arena list alone .... idiots. Hidden skill system, pshhhh, what a joke. This is an issue that should be NON EXISTENT!! The game should have been released with separate formats and EVERY PERSON HERE knows it.

There are times when I want to run social, care free gaming. There are times when I want to be a little more hardcore, ranked. There are times when I'm not missing a shot, my nade timing is picture friggin perfect, and every time I fire the sniper it's a blainer. That's when I'm ready to put on my big boy pants and run some MLG .... generally only to get smacked back to my senses and go back to ranked lol. The thing is, that's been the core of Halo until 343 was in the wind to take over. Bungie actually listened to the players, catered to them and guess what, hella following STILL in H2 and H3. Not so much in 3 though because the servers have been blatantly disregarded and they don't have anything set up on STEAM for H3 otherwise the player population would be down to about 30k players all lists combined on H4.

Here's the way it is. Currently, competitive and casual, and insanely competitive players are all forced to play together. This is 100% 343's fault. I don't want to hear anything about "it's their 1st game" and all that garbage. The simple facts are they had enough time to do it right, they had the staff to do it right *several from the original CE release*, they knew what the player's wanted, and they CHOSE to ignore it.

The time to implement these changes would be oh, let's call it 30 minutes .... tops. Frankly, it would take more time to fix their broken *** MM maps and spawns. Why aren't they doing it? Heck if I know.

I'm on the other side of the coin dude. I am really thinking minor changes but nothing as barbaric as some people are recommending.

That said...

You raised some killer questions in my mind. Good response. Seriously. That's how you debate ladies and gentlemen. I'll think of a rebuttle eventually but I'll be blunt. Right now? I got nothin'. It's also 230 am lol. But seriously. Well spoken sir.

343 basically killed Halo 4. For those who are complaining that ranking systems shouldn't be added. You're all idiots. Halo 3 had SOCIAL and RANKED playlists. They had both because people could play SOCIAL or RANKED playlists. This attracted two types of players. For me, it was better because if I had a friend over, we could play social and not worry about losing a rank or anything like that. We could play to have fun. But, when I was home by myself and wanted to play for a challenge, I would invite some of my friends who are actually good and then we would go into a variety of different playlists to play against people who were doing the exact same thing.

The matchmaking system right now is too boring for me. That's why there isn't as many people playing as there was in Halo 3 or Halo Reach. Halo 4 is an embarrassment to Halo's name. In all honesty.

• Like 1

343 basically killed Halo 4. For those who are complaining that ranking systems shouldn't be added. You're all idiots. Halo 3 had SOCIAL and RANKED playlists. They had both because people could play SOCIAL or RANKED playlists. This attracted two types of players. For me, it was better because if I had a friend over, we could play social and not worry about losing a rank or anything like that. We could play to have fun. But, when I was home by myself and wanted to play for a challenge, I would invite some of my friends who are actually good and then we would go into a variety of different playlists to play against people who were doing the exact same thing.

The matchmaking system right now is too boring for me. That's why there isn't as many people playing as there was in Halo 3 or Halo Reach. Halo 4 is an embarrassment to Halo's name. In all honesty.

this mm now is boring and way to luck based you can't even social interact with the other team anymore in social -.- its like were playing a game rated E yet they made it so the halogram can teabag on its own lolz.

Got to the part where you said we were all idiots and quit reading. Seems idiotic to call your readers idiots even if you disagree with them. If I wanted to convey my thoughts with a degree of intellect I'd inform of my opinion based behind legitimate fact and not begin my thesis with "you're all idiots". People might be inclined to think the pot is calling the kettle black. Just saying.